Top Rated Rats Control Services For Homes & Businesses In Lorton VA
Miche Pest Control is a top rated, family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides rat control services for homes and businesses in Lorton VA and the surrounding areas. Our expert technicians get rid of rat infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the rats from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today!
Comprehensive Rat Control For Lorton, VA
In areas like Lorton, rat infestations may seem unlikely. Still, the reality is our neighborhoods provide all the necessary ingredients for a rat infestation, and these sneaky rodents are often just out of sight. Don't let rats be out of sight and out of mind on your Lorton property. Instead, call the professionals at Miche Pest Control and avoid the damage and health risks rats bring into our homes and businesses.
At Miche Pest Control, we provide quality rodent control services that target rats and other invading species. Using a multi-pronged approach is necessary to avoid reinfestation. Unlike DIY methods, professional rat control traps and removes any rats that have made it into your home, seals up entry points to keep more rats from entering, and makes use of tamper-resistant outdoor bait stations to reduce outdoor populations and lessen the pressure on your home or business. Call today to get your free quote!
Most Common Rats Found In Lorton, VA
Residents of Lorton may find themselves face-to-face with rats at nearly any time during the year. The most common species of rat that can be seen around the area is the Norway rat, which is also known as the sewer rat. These fuzzy, long, brown rodents come equipped with very long, hairless tails and maneuver by climbing, jumping, and using the sewers. Though they have poor vision, these rats have an exquisite sense of smell and hearing. At Miche Pest Control, we tackle these pests head-on with year-round rat control. Through implementing detailed inspections, entry point exclusion, and tamper-resistant bait stations, rats will cease to be an issue. To learn more about rat control and its benefits, contact us today.
Four Reasons You Do Not Want Rats In Your Lorton, VA, Home
One of the most difficult pests that you can expect to encounter in your Lorton home is rats. Four of the main reasons why you’ll want to prevent these infestations are:
- Health risks. Through bites, urine, fecal matter, and saliva, rats are linked with allergies, asthma, anxiety, leptospirosis, rat-bite fever, tularemia, and salmonellosis.
- Other pests. Rats often play host to mites, fleas, and ticks because of the unsanitary conditions that they spend time in before entering your home. These parasites can be very dangerous to your health and to the health of your pets. Additionally, they can be tough to locate and even tougher to eradicate.
- Property damage. In order to keep their front teeth from growing uncomfortably long, rats will chew on anything they can find. This can lead to larger cracks in your home’s foundation, chewed electrical wires, and holes in your walls.
- Large scope of issues. Rats are nocturnal in nature and though more social than mice, they will also live out of your sight. While rats are building their nests in your walls and crawl spaces, they are breeding frequently, which means that issues are usually far bigger than they appear.
To keep rats out of your home, contact Miche Pest Control for rat control today.
Rat Prevention Tips Everyone In Lorton, VA, Should Try
When rats enter Lorton homes, they can cause rat-bite fever, destroy electrical wiring, and cause a significant amount of other property damage. In order to keep these issues from developing, try the following tips:
- Fill all cracks. Rats are crafty and are also capable of fitting through very tight gaps, so homeowners should fill openings and cracks of all sizes with silicone-based caulk, steel wool, wire mesh, and weatherstripping.
- Maintain a tidy yard. Unlike many other pests, rats are very skilled climbers and can easily use plants that come into contact with homes in order to gain access to the inside. Be sure to trim back all trees, hedges, and shrubs in order to prevent this scenario.
- Keep homes clean. Rats are unsanitary scavengers and if they get the slightest hint of unhygienic conditions, they can be lured inside very easily. That means taking out the trash often, cleaning up food spills and crumbs, removing all old newspapers and boxes, and doing the dishes regularly.
- Rectify moisture issues. Keeping attics, crawl spaces, and basements well-ventilated is key as is addressing leaky bathtubs, pipes, and faucets.
- Store food properly. Rats love food in any form, so be sure to keep every type of food item in secure containers.
At Miche Pest Control, we provide rat control that rectifies current issues immediately while also preventing new issues from developing. We employ meticulous inspections, sealing up entry points, and setting tamper-resistant bait stations that we check on a routine basis. With a pest-free guarantee and an emphasis on customer satisfaction, we won’t stop until rats are no longer an issue. For more information on reliable rat control, contact Miche Pest Control today.
Rat Control Buying Guide For Lorton, VA, Residents
Rats pose some very serious, very real threats for Lorton residents, which makes professional rat control highly necessary. Some of the things to consider when sourcing a pest control company are:
- Are they a locally-owned company? Being part of the community means that a team understands a homeowner’s needs more specifically. This also means that they know the local environment and common area pests unlike others.
- Do they use safe products? Getting rid of rats doesn’t necessarily have to be accomplished with harsh chemicals and methods. All products that professionals use should be EPA-registered and ethical, which means that they are safe for adults, children, pets, and the environment.
- Does this company offer corrective and proactive services? With an emphasis on both keeping rat infestations from occurring and getting rid of preexisting ones entirely means that this team is dedicated to safety at all times.
- Are their services guaranteed? Sometimes exclusion is applied and rats are still able to find their way inside a property. If that happens, a respectable company will return to treat a home at no additional cost until the issues are resolved.
At Miche Pest Control, we provide safe, effective, and guaranteed rat control that protects customers throughout the year. To learn more about these services, contact us today.
Lorton is a census-designated place (CDP) in Fairfax County, Virginia. Lorton is named for a village in the Lake District National Park, Cumbria, in England. Joseph Plaskett of the Cumbrian village settled in southern Fairfax County, running a general store and opening the Lorton Valley Post Office on November 11, 1875. Before the identity of Lorton, the commercial center was Colchester, and the spiritual and historical center of the community around which the leading citizens of the time revolved was Pohick Church, where George Washington and George Mason were at times members of the vestry.
Lorton is located in southern Fairfax County, bordered to the west by Laurel Hill, to the north by Newington, to the east by Fort Belvoir, to the southeast by Mason Neck, and to the southwest by Woodbridge in Prince William County. US Route 1 (Richmond Highway) and Interstate 95 pass through Lorton, leading northeast 15 miles to Alexandria and 19 miles to Washington DC, and south 34 miles to Fredericksburg.
Historic landmarks in the areas surrounding Lorton include Gunston Hall, George Mason's home; Belvoir, which was William Fairfax's home; the Market; and now the Fort Belvoir Army Corps of Engineers base and Cranford Church. Woodlawn Plantation and Mount Vernon, the latter being George Washington's home on the Potomac River, lie farther to the east.
Woodbridge VA (3 miles), Springfield VA (6 miles), Fairfax VA (11 miles), Alexandria VA (12 miles), Falls Church VA (13 miles), Arlington VA (14 miles), Manassas VA (14 miles), Washington DC (17 miles), Herndon VA (20 miles), Bethesda MD (21 miles), Hyattsville MD (23 miles), Silver Spring MD (23 miles), Ashburn VA (27 miles), Rockville MD (27 miles), Upper Marlboro MD (27 miles), Fredericksburg VA (30 miles), Gaithersburg MD (30 miles), Bowie MD (32 miles), Laurel MD (34 miles), Leesburg VA (34 miles), Columbia MD (40 miles), Annapolis MD (44 miles), Ellicott City MD (45 miles), Frederick MD (50 miles), Baltimore MD (52 miles)
Recent Blog Articles
What should you know about the stink bugs in Maryland? Take some time today to research these pests and learn more about simple control methods.Read More
October 05, 2022
Do you know how to identify a black widow spider in Maryland? Learn today what this pest looks like and how to spot one indoors.Read More