Three Benefits Of Buying Pest Control In Lorton, VA
Instead of turning to DIY methods, consider professional pest control in Lorton to handle all of the potential issues that come with infestations. Three of the benefits that these services offer are:
- Protection from health risks. Whether it's cockroaches that lead to E. coli, rodents that spread salmonellosis, or ticks that carry Lyme, there is a wide range of health risks that can be avoided with professional assistance.
- Limitation of property damage. Pests like termites eat away at the wood inside of a home while mice nibble away at walls and chew on electrical wiring until house fires erupt. These types of issues can be very difficult to avoid and can be very costly to fix.
- Mitigation of issues in the future. Working with a pest professional on an ongoing basis works to keep previous pest problems from coming back, as well as prevent new ones from developing.
To learn about the highest quality pest control in Lorton, contact Miche Pest Control today.
Pest Control Buyers Guide For Lorton, VA, Homeowners
When it comes to buying pest control in Lorton, there are a lot of factors for homeowners to consider. Here are some of the most important ones to look for when sourcing this type of work:
- Local expertise. Hiring a company that is owned and operated by a local team in your community is invaluable, as they are more intimately familiar with your needs and the environment that surrounds your home.
- Use of safe products. Getting results doesn’t mean that your health has to suffer. Working with a team that uses EPA-registered products means that they have met a standard that is safe for people, pets, and the environment.
- Proactive and corrective offerings. While it’s very important to work with a pest professional once an infestation has taken place, it’s even more important to enlist their help to prevent this scenario in the first place. A pest control company that offers both types of service truly cares about your success.
- Emphasis on customer support. You want a team that is going to be there for you day or night, a team that can schedule you without a month-long wait, and a team that guarantees their work.
At Miche Pest Control, we are dedicated to providing the highest quality pest control to our customers throughout the year. As a family-owned, locally-operated business, we believe in keeping residents safe with the use of EPA-registered products and services that we guarantee. Our offerings are vast to include quarterly preventive treatments as well as rectifying the damage from rodents and termites. Either way, we promise to always deliver a pest-free living environment throughout the year. For more information on our pest control services, contact Miche Pest Control today.
Four Things You Can Do To Avoid Pests In Lorton, VA
Many of the pest problems that develop in Lorton homes can ultimately be dangerous, risky, and difficult to get rid of. In order to avoid these types of problems, try the following four tips:
- Tend to your foundation and yard. One of the first things that pests look for are ideal conditions on your property. To make the area surrounding your home as unappealing to them as possible, trim back trees and hedges, remove leaf piles, and store firewood at least 20 feet away from your foundation. Additionally, fill all openings with materials like weather stripping and caulk.
- Address issues with water and moisture. Many pests are in search of a water source, so check for leaks on a regular basis and tend to any troublesome downspouts, gutters, faucets, and pipes. Be sure to redirect the condensation from items like air conditioners and keep basements, attics, and crawl spaces well-ventilated.
- Store food properly. Human food and pet food alike are both big sources of attraction for pests, so be sure to always keep meals stored in secure containers.
- Keep things clean. Be sure to always tidy up after spills and crumbs, vacuum routinely, and remove all clutter from your home.
To protect your home from all pests no matter the time of year, contact Miche Pest Control about our pest control services today.
Why You Should Choose Miche Pest Control For Your Lorton, VA, Home
Hiring a professional for pest control is one of the most important things homeowners can do to protect their health and the security of their home. But in a sea of options, how do you know which path to take? At Miche Pest Control, we like to make the choice simple. As a local family-owned business, taking care of our neighbors is our top priority. It’s why we do the job right the first time and why we always go above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction by guaranteeing our work. Our pest control offerings are comprehensive and use only EPA-approved products, making them safe for humans, pets, and the environment. Whether you’re looking to take proactive measures to keep ants and spiders out of your home, enjoy a summer without mosquitoes, or you need help rectifying termite damage, we will be there for you.
We offer a wide array of services, and when you partner with us for your pest control needs, we will always provide a customized approach that is suited for the unique aspects of your property. During these visits, we’ll apply perimeter protection, interior treatments on an as-needed basis, and granular treatments, as well as removing wasp nests and de-webbing to result in a pest-free home. For more information on pest control that you can trust, contact us today.
Lorton is a census-designated place (CDP) in Fairfax County, Virginia. Lorton is named for a village in the Lake District National Park, Cumbria, in England. Joseph Plaskett of the Cumbrian village settled in southern Fairfax County, running a general store and opening the Lorton Valley Post Office on November 11, 1875. Before the identity of Lorton, the commercial center was Colchester, and the spiritual and historical center of the community around which the leading citizens of the time revolved was Pohick Church, where George Washington and George Mason were at times members of the vestry.
Lorton is located in southern Fairfax County, bordered to the west by Laurel Hill, to the north by Newington, to the east by Fort Belvoir, to the southeast by Mason Neck, and to the southwest by Woodbridge in Prince William County. US Route 1 (Richmond Highway) and Interstate 95 pass through Lorton, leading northeast 15 miles to Alexandria and 19 miles to Washington DC, and south 34 miles to Fredericksburg.
Historic landmarks in the areas surrounding Lorton include Gunston Hall, George Mason's home; Belvoir, which was William Fairfax's home; the Market; and now the Fort Belvoir Army Corps of Engineers base and Cranford Church. Woodlawn Plantation and Mount Vernon, the latter being George Washington's home on the Potomac River, lie farther to the east.
Woodbridge VA (3 miles), Springfield VA (6 miles), Fairfax VA (11 miles), Alexandria VA (12 miles), Falls Church VA (13 miles), Arlington VA (14 miles), Manassas VA (14 miles), Washington DC (17 miles), Herndon VA (20 miles), Bethesda MD (21 miles), Hyattsville MD (23 miles), Silver Spring MD (23 miles), Ashburn VA (27 miles), Rockville MD (27 miles), Upper Marlboro MD (27 miles), Fredericksburg VA (30 miles), Gaithersburg MD (30 miles), Bowie MD (32 miles), Laurel MD (34 miles), Leesburg VA (34 miles), Columbia MD (40 miles), Annapolis MD (44 miles), Ellicott City MD (45 miles), Frederick MD (50 miles), Baltimore MD (52 miles)
Recent Blog Articles
April 15, 2022
The gigantic and flashy-looking Joro spider is the last thing you want to see around your home or business. However, they may not be as dangerous as they l...Read More
February 21, 2022
Green Pest Services, a sister company of Pointe Pest Control in Illinois, sells to PestCo Holdings, a Thompson Street Capital Partners company.Read More