Top Rated Rodent Control Services For Homes & Businesses In Laurel, MD
Miche Pest Control is a top rated, family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides Rodent control services for homes and businesses in Laurel, MD, and the surrounding areas. Our expert technicians get rid of Rodent infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the Rodent from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online – call today!
Comprehensive Rodent Control In Laurel, MD
Being a resident of Laurel comes with a high quality of life, from the reputable public schools to the proximity it offers to both Baltimore and Washington D.C. But life here isn’t without visits from rodent invaders as well. These pests are searching for a hospitable place to live that also offers them access to food and water. Whether you’re aware of it or not, your home likely has these features at the ready. Rodents are quite nimble, so getting inside your home usually isn’t a challenge.
Instead of allowing rodent infestations to happen or trying to deal with them on your own, consider professional services from Miche Pest Control. We are a family-owned business that is dedicated to customized and affordable services that create lasting positive change. Our rodent control in Laurel is designed to evict rats and mice from your property and keep them away to prevent future infestations. The following guide will help you understand these types of problems and what you can do about them. For more information on residential rodent control, please call us today!
How To Identify Common Types Of Rodents In Laurel
There are several types of rodents that invade Laurel properties but they’re not all the same. Here are the types residents need to know:
Mice: These small, pocket-sized rodents are usually a shade of brown or gray. Mice have small ears and eyes and fuzzy tails. They can fit through openings the size of a dime.
Rats: This type of rodent may get mistaken for a mouse, but rats are generally larger animals. They come in similar coloring as mice as well as darker browns and have more prominent features, including their long tails.
Squirrels: When people see fuzzy animals in trees, it’s likely squirrels. They have notably bushy tails and often stand upright and grasp foods with their hands.
To learn more about rodent identification, call Miche Pest Control today.
Why Rodents Are A Problem For Laurel Homes
Laurel homeowners may find themselves faced with rodent problems that are more harmful than they may seem on the surface. Some of the troubles that rodents cause include:
- Health issues: One of the biggest worries with rodent populations is the health issues that they are associated with. Rodents can spread hazardous pathogens through their droppings, urine, and saliva. Some of them lead to hantavirus, leptospirosis, rat-bite fever, salmonellosis, and lymphocytic choriomeningitis.
- Property damage: Rodents have front teeth that can grow unwieldy if they don’t have something to chew. Unfortunately, this can lead to them creating holes in molding and bulkheads as well as ruining furniture and shredding wiring until they cause house fires. Rodents can also take up shelter in insulation, which can make it less effective.
- Source of other pests: Parasites such as fleas and ticks usually go for a free ride on rodents. They often feed off of pets and people, which can spread murine typhus, Lyme disease, and tularemia.
For help avoiding these issues with rodent control, call Miche Pest Control today.
Total Rodent Prevention For Laurel Homes
When it comes to making Laurel dwellings less appealing to rodents, there are a few steps that people can take. Those include:
- Create a tidy yard. Rats in particular can use overhanging trees and greenery as a bridge into homes, so keep them trimmed and back from properties.
- Avoid original food packaging. Instead of keeping crackers, pasta, and even pet food in their factoring packaging, use sealed containers instead.
- Be proactive about moisture discrepancies. Rodents opt for dank conditions and also look for water sources. Try to keep crawl spaces and basements ventilated with dehumidifiers and fix leaky plumbing fixtures.
- Keep things clean. Maintaining a tidy home can also be a way of deterring rodent activity. This would involve routinely disinfecting countertops, stoves, and ovens, as well as vacuuming floors to eliminate crumbs.
- Ask for help. The most effective way to keep rodents from becoming an issue is with services from a trusted pest control company.
For more information on rodent prevention, call Miche Pest Control today.
How To Prevent Future Rodent Infestations In Your Laurel Home
In addition to the aforementioned steps that you can take in order to make your Laurel home less enticing to rodents, the most reliable source of prevention is professional rodent control services from Miche Pest Control. Being proactive is behind everything that we do, so it’s no wonder why countless homeowners look to us for rodent prevention services. When you’re concerned about future rodent populations getting inside your home, we have the solution for you.
In order to understand the nuances of your property, we’ll perform a complete evaluation. This will give our technicians an understanding of potential entry points as well as conditions that could lure rodents to your property. We then install exclusion to seal off the access points. This involves rodent-proof materials such as stainless steel mesh. As part of our prevention services, we will also make sure that you have information on how to deter rodents when we’re not around. If you’d like to learn more about how we can help you prevent rodents, please call us today.
Laurel is a city in Maryland, located almost midway between Washington and Baltimore on the banks of the Patuxent River. While the city limits are entirely in northern Prince George's County, outlying developments extend into Anne Arundel, Montgomery and Howard counties. Founded as a mill town in the early 19th century, Laurel expanded local industry and was later able to become an early commuter town for Washington and Baltimore workers following the arrival of the Baltimore and Ohio (B&O) Railroad in 1835. Largely residential today, the city maintains a historic district centered on its Main Street, highlighting its industrial past.
The Department of Defense is a prominent presence in the Laurel area today, with the Fort Meade Army base, the NSA and Johns Hopkins' Applied Physics Laboratory all located nearby. Laurel Park, a thoroughbred horse racetrack, is located just outside the city limits.
The zip codes for the incorporated city of Laurel are 20707, 20708, 20709, 20725 and 20756. Although served by the Laurel post office, Montpelier is not within the city limits; the same is true of the unincorporated communities of Scaggsville and Whiskey Bottom in Howard County, and Maryland City and Russett in Anne Arundel County. A small section of ZIP Code 20707 is located in Montgomery County.
Latest Blog Posts
November 27, 2023
Miche Pest Control has recently acquired Antex Pest Control as part of our ongoing efforts to enhance our capabilities and better serve our clients.Read More
November 13, 2023
We are thrilled to announce that Solve Pest Pros of Northern Virginia has recently been acquired by Miche Pest Control.Read More