Termite Control Services In Herndon VA
Miche Pest Control is a family-owned and operated pest control company that provides residential and commercial termite control services for homes and businesses in Herndon VA and the surrounding areas. Our expert termite exterminators get rid of termite infestations fast, and use preventative methods to keep the termites from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - give us a call today!
Why Herndon Residents Shouldn't Use DIY Termite Control Methods
When it comes to a termite infestation, there are a variety of DIY treatments available out there. However, the truth is, DIY termite control methods cannot be relied upon. These short-term solutions fail to address the large-scale repercussions of termite damage, which is why they should be avoided at all costs.
Here's why Herndon residents shouldn't use DIY termite control methods:
- DIY methods only address visible termites, missing hard-to-reach spots, and hidden areas that you cannot access.
- Using pesticides unsupervised poses many threats to everyone on the premises, and it's not worth the risk.
- You end up wasting a lot of time and money on various treatments, discovering flaws through trial and error.
- Only the pest professionals have the expertise and knowledge to provide lasting results.
For reliable termite control services, give us a call today. Miche Pest Control is here to address all of your termite control and prevention needs. We will accurately identify the problem and then customize a treatment plan to address the infestation from the inside out. Reach out today to request your detailed service quote.
The Dangers Of Putting Off Termite Control In Herndon
Termite damage is an absolute nightmare, and it’s not something that happens overnight. Termite damage is the result of adverse conditions and ongoing destruction accumulating over time. It’s a problem that picks up steam as time progresses, which is why ignoring your termite control needs is not an option. Here’s why it’s not a good idea to put off termite control in your Herndon home or business:
- Termites are the “silent destroyers” of the pest world; they are small and quiet and very good at causing large-scale damage that can go unnoticed for long periods of time.
- They feed on wood and other construction materials like plaster and siding, making their way into the core of your house over time to gradually threaten its structural integrity.
- Termites build colonies near wood for easy access to food and quickly set up multiple infestation sites throughout your property, both inside and outside.
- They spread their populations by building new colonies; one colony can contain thousands upon thousands of termites.
Termite damage is an awful ordeal that can worsen in severity over time, and it can be hard to come back from. The best way to protect your Herndon property from termites is with help from the professionals. Miche Pest Control offers a comprehensive termite control and prevention program that protects you from these destructive pests all year round. Call us today to get your initial inspection on the calendar.
Controlling Termites: What Herndon Homeowners Need To Know
If you want to prevent termites around your property, there are some essential characteristics of these pests that you should be familiar with. Here’s what all Herndon homeowners need to know about termites:
- Termites are moisture pests. Not only do they depend on water to survive, but they produce moisture when they feed. They tunnel deep into the wood and feed on it, moistening it and weakening it from the inside out. So, it’s a good idea to reduce sources of moisture in and around your home if you want to avoid a termite infestation.
- Termites are cellulose feeders, and they eat common construction materials that make up the structure of your home. They eat away at moisture-damaged wood around your property, seriously threatening the structural integrity of your home over time.
- Termites are highly destructive intruders that burrow deep into damaged and rotting wood. They build nests and grow their colonies until there is a large-scale infestation. This destroys the structural integrity of your property and puts everyone inside the building in harm’s way.
- Not only is termite damage devastating and costly, but it’s also not included on most homeowners’ insurance plans, meaning prices are even more daunting.
Contact Miche Pest Control today to discuss your termite control and prevention needs. We customize treatment plans to meet your requirements because catering to your pest pressure is why we’re here.
Four Ways Termite Control Can Save Your Property In Herndon
Termites are destructive, wood-eating pests that can cause severe damage to the structure of your property. The best solution is to secure professional termite control services from the experts. Here are four ways in which termite control can save your property here in Herndon:
1. Structurally - Termites feed on the construction of your property and erode it from the inside out, causing unsafe conditions. Termite control saves you from structural damage and protects your safety.
2. Moisture-Wise - Controlling termites will also address any moisture problems in and around your property, so by taking care of your termite control needs, you are also uncovering any moisture problems at the same time.
3. Preventatively - Not only do we treat your home, but we also come back to maintain termite-free conditions in the future. Our team takes preventative measures and makes any necessary structural and habitat modifications to protect you.
4. Financially - Termite control can save you from the financial threat of termite damage. The NPMA (National Pest Management Association) estimates that U.S. home and business owners spend around five billion dollars annually on termite repair and prevention costs.
Contact Miche Pest Control for comprehensive termite control and prevention services. We’re here to bring you year-round protection from the wood-eating destroyers, so reach out to us today to get started.
Herndon is a town in Fairfax County, Virginia, in the Washington DC metropolitan area. It is the largest of three incorporated towns in Fairfax County. The actual dimensions of the town of Herndon are fairly small. However, the United States Post Office treats nearby unincorporated communities in northwestern Fairfax County as part of a Greater Herndon region, including Dranesville, Floris, Franklin Farm, McNair, and Oak Hill. Just over two acres of land in the town are technically in Loudoun County.
Herndon is part of the Dulles Technology Corridor, which Fortune magazine named the "Netplex" because of the presence of the headquarters of such companies as AOL, XO Communications, K12 (company), Verizon Business (formerly MCI, formerly WorldCom, originally UUNET), and Network Solutions, which began as the INTERNIC – the registry where every domain name was once administered. Some of those companies are within Herndon. Others have Herndon mailing addresses, but are located in unincorporated Fairfax or Loudoun counties; for example, south of the Dulles Toll Road.
Herndon contains the Herndon Depot Museum, the site of "Mosby's Raid on Herndon Station", which was a Civil War skirmish that took place on St. Patrick's Day, 1863. Also within the town is The Herndon Centennial Golf Course, the Herndon ArtSpace (a community art gallery), community center with basketball and racquetball courts and multiple baseball fields, and an aquatic center. Adjacent to the community center is Bready Park, with indoor tennis courts. Additionally, every residence within the town borders is within a mile or less of a public park. Herndon is home to a professional live theatre, NextStop Theatre, which produces a variety of plays, musicals, concerts, and educational theatre programming each season.
Nearby attractions include the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center of the National Air and Space Museum (which houses the Enola Gay B-29 Superfortress, a Concorde supersonic passenger airplane, an SR-71A Blackbird plane and the Space Shuttle Discovery), Frying Pan Farm Park, Sully Plantation, Reston Town Center, Mount Vernon, Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts, Colvin Run Mill, Aldie Mill, Oatlands Plantation, Manassas National Battlefield Park and the Washington and Old Dominion Trail (which runs through the town).
The primary highway serving Herndon is Virginia State Route 228 and its truck route. SR 228 heads directly through the center of town via Elden Street, Monroe Street, Park Avenue and Dranesville Road. SR 228 Truck diverges from Elden Street southwest of downtown on Herndon Parkway, following that road northwestward, northward and northeastward around central Herndon, finally reaching Dranesville Road north of downtown. At the south end of town, SR 228 meets Virginia State Route 267, a high speed, high-capacity toll road which provides access to Washington, D.C. (via Interstate 66) and Washington Dulles International Airport.
Ashburn VA (7 miles), Fairfax VA (10 miles), Falls Church VA (13 miles), Leesburg VA (14 miles), Rockville MD (15 miles), Bethesda MD (16 miles), Gaithersburg MD (16 miles), Manassas VA (16 miles), Springfield VA (16 miles), Arlington VA (17 miles), Silver Spring MD (19 miles), Washington DC (19 miles), Alexandria VA (22 miles), Woodbridge VA (23 miles), Hyattsville MD (24 miles), Laurel MD (30 miles), Frederick MD (31 miles), Columbia MD (32 miles), Bowie MD (33 miles), Upper Marlboro MD (36 miles), Ellicott City MD (38 miles), Fredericksburg VA (46 miles), Baltimore MD (47 miles), Annapolis MD (48 miles)
Recent Blog Articles
Ever wonder what different types of sounds crickets make, and why crickets make the noises they do? Learn the answer to these questions and moreRead More
January 26, 2023
Protecting your health and property is a top priority. If you have roaches in your home, call Miche Pest Control for complete cockroach control.Read More