Are Rodents A Year-Round Problem In Great Falls?
Rodents are one of the most determined pests that Great Falls property owners will have to deal with. They are known to primarily invade homes in the winter when they’re in search of warm conditions. This is the time of year when they are also most commonly nesting inside the walls of a home or business. That said, rodents can still become an issue at any point throughout the year, as they are typically searching for food and water. If they catch a scent of excess trash or food, they are very likely to stick around. Throughout the year, rodents look for cracks in foundations and garage doors that have been left open as a place to sneak through and start building their homes.
At Miche Pest Control, we understand the constant threat of these pests, which is why we’re focused on providing reliable rodent control methods with practices like meticulous inspections, sealing up points of entry, and strategically setting tamper-resistant bait stations. With routine maintenance on a bi-monthly basis, we’ll check on the status of the bait stations and tend to them as needed. If any rodents appear between these visits, simply give us a call and we’ll re-service your property at no extra charge. For more information on rodent control, contact us today.
What Every Great Falls Property Owner Needs To Know About Rodents
It’s very likely that rodents will become an issue in Great Falls properties at one point or another. That said, here is everything that residents need to know about them:
- Rodents are masters of gaining access. Whether it’s rats that are climbing roofs or sneaking through sewers or mice that are fitting through dime-sized cracks, rodents are capable of taking advantage of almost any opening they find.
- They pose a lot of health risks. Through their feces, saliva, and urine, rodents spread pathogens that lead to salmonellosis, hantavirus, and leptospirosis.
- Secondary infestations are never too far away. Rats and mice are very likely to carry fleas, ticks, and mites with them, often causing other pest problems.
- Property damage is a given. In order to keep their incisors from overgrowing, rodents will chew on everything from walls to electrical wiring, which can lead to house fires.
- The problem is usually much larger than it appears. Rodents typically have between five and ten litters each year, and can yield up to 120 pups throughout the year, which typically means a problem is bigger than just one pest.
The safest way to address rodents is with professional assistance from Miche Pest Control. Our rodent control protocol involves installing exclusionary methods and placing tamper-proof bait stations. We typically provide bi-monthly maintenance to ensure total efficacy; however, if a case calls for it, we can offer additional visits, all of which are guaranteed. To learn more about rodent control, contact us today.
The Ultimate Guide in Making Your Great Falls Home Unattractive to Rodents
You may be giving rodents everything they need in your Great Falls home completely unbeknownst to you, which can have some very serious consequences. In order to prevent this from becoming the case, try the following tips:
- Seal up any openings around your home’s foundation with materials such as silicone-based caulk, wire mesh, and steel wool.
- Fix any leaking pipes, gutters, downspouts, faucets, and other fixtures.
- Keep basements, attics, and crawl spaces well ventilated and use a dehumidifier in other parts of the house that might require it.
- Remove all clutter from the house, which includes old boxes, stacks of papers, and other rubbish.
- Take out the trash on a regular basis and make sure it’s always properly covered.
- Be sure to always clean up after spills and crumbs and keep food covered at all times.
- Contact a pest professional for year-round protection from rodents and the dangers they pose.
For more information on effective rodent control, contact Miche Pest Control today.
How Professional Rodent Removal Helps Great Falls Homeowners
Professional rodent removal is one of the most important decisions that Great Falls homeowners can make to protect themselves and their household. DIY methods typically involve setting traps, but they often fail for several reasons. The average homeowner isn’t using the correct bait, placing them incorrectly, and simply doesn’t have the professional experience or tools required in order to yield results. When homeowners work with a professional team, like the one at Miche Pest Control, rodent removal involves thoroughly trained technicians with vast experience, professional-grade equipment, and products that are proven effective.
Perhaps most importantly, working with a professional protects individuals from the health risks that come with rodents. Some of these include salmonellosis, rat-bite fever, hantavirus, and tularemia. Having the security of professional help also means a guarantee that homeowners will be protected from parasites like fleas, mites, and ticks, as well as avoid severe property damage like house fires. Additionally, at Miche Pest Control, we service rodent control customers on a bi-monthly basis and guarantee our results in order to keep residents safe throughout the year. To learn more about the benefits of rodent control, contact us today.
Technician was on time, called before arriving- answered all my question and was kind and treated our place with care. I’ll definitely use the service for other properties and will recommend.