Top Rated Tick Control Services For Homes & Businesses In Gaithersburg, MD
Miche Pest Control is a top rated, family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides tick control services for homes and businesses in Gaithersburg, MD and the surrounding areas. Our expert technicians get rid of tick infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the ticks from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today!
Comprehensive Tick Control For Gaithersburg, MD
Living among the wide open green spaces in Gaithersburg is a blessing. Unfortunately, our spacious lawns and grassy parks are also ideal nesting areas for ticks lying in wait for their next meal. And when ticks bite, it's not just an itchy spot we need to worry about but rather a variety of tick-borne diseases. The experts at Miche Pest Control want to help you avoid tick bites this season.
At Miche Pest Control, we provide monthly tick, mosquito, and flea treatments that incorporate a combination approach to get rid of pests fast as well as disrupt their life cycle to prevent future generations. We utilize both yard fogging and larvicide applications for effective, long-lasting results. Not only are these treatments effective, but they are also EPA registered and safe for use around people and pets. Call today for your free quote!
Minimizing Tick Exposure In Gaithersburg
Ticks can't fly or jump, so to get onto a host, they wait in tall grass or foliage for a host to pass by. This parasitic pest will latch on as a host brushes past, so if you plan to spend time outside, it's essential to protect yourself against tick bites. You can do this using these tips:
Before Going Outside:
- Wear long sleeves to reduce exposed skin
- Where light colors, making it easier to see any ticks
- Tuck your pant legs into your socks to keep ticks from crawling up
- Apply an EPA-approved repellent
- Walk in the middle of trails rather than along the edges
- Don't walk in tall grasses or woody areas
- Stay out of leaf piles
- Reapply repellent as needed
After Coming In From Outside:
- Check your clothing, bags, and any other gear for ticks
- Inspect your body, including your hair, for ticks
- Take a shower as soon as possible to remove any ticks that haven't attached themselves
- Put your clothing in the wash right away and dry on the highest heat setting
- Make sure to look over children and pets
Ask our experts at Miche Pest Control for more tick prevention tips.
Tick Prevention Tips Every Gaithersburg Homeowner Should Know
Even people who protect themselves against ticks when hiking, biking, camping, or any other outdoor can forget that ticks are also a problem right in their backyard. But with these prevention steps, you can reduce the tick population in your yard:
- Keep wildlife out: Wildlife, birds, and rodents commonly bring ticks into yards, so you should install fencing or make necessary repairs to keep these pests out of your yard. You should also remove food sources that attract these animals.
- Maintain your yard: When ticks aren't on a host, they live in areas with shade and moisture. You can remove these areas by keeping your lawn cut short, trimming shrubbery and foliage, removing organic debris, and checking that your yard has proper drainage.
If you struggle to keep ticks and the animals that carry them out of your yard, call Miche Pest Control. We will help you figure out the best course of action to prevent ticks.
The Answers To Gaithersburg's Biggest Tick Questions
While ticks are a common issue in our area, many people don't know about them. To help you protect yourself against them, here are the answers to the biggest tick questions:
- Are ticks dangerous?: Ticks are known for spreading many diseases, including Rocky Mountain spotted fever, Lyme disease, anaplasmosis, babesiosis, ehrlichiosis, and more.
- Are there different types of ticks? Yes, our area has multiple tick species, such as American dog ticks, brown dog ticks, deer ticks (also known as blacklegged ticks), and lone star ticks.
- How do you remove ticks?: When it comes to tick removal, you want to use a pair of clean tweezers, grasping the tick as close to the skin as possible, pulling straight up, and not twisting or jerking. Make sure to clean the area and dispose of the tick properly.
- Can I protect my pet from ticks?: Yes, and you should! It would be best if you worked with your veterinarian to put your pet on an appropriate tick preventative and make sure to look over them after they have been outside.
- Will pest control professionals help with tick concerns?: Yes! Pest experts can help eliminate an active tick problem and prevent new ones from forming.
Gaithersburg residents can look to Miche Pest Control for assistance with ticks!
The Complete Guide To Effective Tick Prevention In Gaithersburg
It's commonly believed that ticks are only an issue inside homes where pets live, but this isn't true. So whether you have pets or not, you can use this guide to keep ticks away.
Although tick infestations inside are rare, they can happen. Ticks usually get carried inside on a host. If this is not a person or a pet, it could be wildlife, birds, or rodents. Once inside, ticks can lay eggs and reproduce, leading to an infestation. Because of this, keeping these animals from invading your home is essential by making it less attractive and removing entry points. Do this with these tips:
- Remove food sources from your yard, such as unsecured garbage cans, bird feeders, and fallen fruit.
- Eliminate harborage areas by keeping your yard clear of debris such as garden tools, toys, leaves, and sticks.
- Inspect the exterior of your house for holes and gaps where animals can squeeze through.
Gaithersburg pest control experts perform the best tick control and prevention. Miche Pest Control has been providing Gaithersburg residents with the assistance they need to keep ticks out of their homes and away from their properties.
You can get help from Miche Pest Control too! Just give us a call today!
Recent Blog Articles
August 15, 2022
Click beetles are unique pests, but that doesn't mean you want them in your house. Learn how to get rid of these occasional invaders here.Read More
April 15, 2022
The gigantic and flashy-looking Joro spider is the last thing you want to see around your home or business. However, they may not be as dangerous as they l...Read More