Top Rated Termite Control Services For Homes & Businesses In Gaithersburg, MD
Miche Pest Control is a top rated, family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides termite control services for homes and businesses in Gaithersburg, MD and the surrounding areas. Our expert technicians get rid of termite infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the termites from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today!
Comprehensive Termite Control For Gaithersburg, MD
So much of pest control happens behind the scenes, and nowhere is that more apparent than with termites. With any pest, prevention is far easier than elimination, but this is even more the case with these silent destroyers. In order to keep your Gaithersburg house free of these wood-destroying insects, it is important to stay one step ahead.
Termites often go undetected for long periods of time, leading homeowners to spend an average of $3,000 on repairs. Miche Pest Control's Annual Termite Control plan can help you avoid this expense. We provide exceptional services and dedicated customer service, not to mention guaranteed results. For the best in termite control, call the professionals at Miche Pest Control.
Getting Your Gaithersburg Property Ready For Termite Season
While termites can be active year-round, the termite season is considered the spring and summer months. During this time, flying termites, known as swarmers, will find a place to start a new colony. To prevent termites from choosing your home this termite season, use these prevention tips:
- Address any moisture issues inside your homes, such as flooding, leaks, ineffective moisture barriers, and water-damaged wood.
- Repair any cracks and gaps in your home's foundation and exterior walls to keep termites from getting inside.
- Keep your yard clear of organic debris such as leaves, sticks, and dead trees.
- Using crushed rocks, create a barrier between your home's foundation and the dirt.
Don't wait until the spring to prepare your property for termite season. Partner with an expert from Miche Pest Control for an inspection to ensure you don't already have an active termite problem and obtain prevention services and recommendations.
Are Termites In Gaithersburg Harmful To Humans?
When it comes to pests, we either classify them as dangerous or a nuisance. Dangerous pests usually spread diseases, bite, or sting, while nuisance pests are more of an annoyance. However, there are also pests like termites, which aren't dangerous because they don't spread diseases or pose other health concerns but are more than an annoyance to most people; these are destructive pests.
Termites are wood-destroying pests that cost people billions of dollars in damages each year. Any homeowner will agree that unplanned costs and repairs are a nightmare and one of the most stressful things to handle. Even though they don't pose a physical threat to people, a termite infestation will cause stress, which can affect you in many other ways.
You can keep from experiencing an infestation in Gaithersburg by allowing our professionals at Miche Pest Control to provide you with annual reliable termite control services. These services include the installation of termite bait stations that offer lasting protection against these pests. We use the trusted Sentricon® Termite Bait Stations.
You can learn more about our termite control services by calling us at Miche Pest Control today!
How To Tell If Your Gaithersburg Property Has A Termite Problem
One of the reasons termite damage is so costly is because it can be weeks, months, or even years before termites are detected. During this time, they can reproduce, grow the colony and do more damage to the home they have infested.
If you can catch a termite problem in its infancy, it will save you time, money, and stress. Here are several indications of this pest:
- Termite swarmers: These reproductive termites are among the more common first signs of a problem. They will usually appear after rain and in groups.
- Dropped Wings: Once termite swarmers land, they will discard their wings, usually found in piles on the windowsill or next to baseboards.
- Frass: Termite frass is waste created by this pest as they chew through wood. It can easily be confused for sawdust without taking a closer look.
- Mud tubes: Some termites require constant contact with soil to maintain moisture. To achieve this, they build mud tubes out of wood, saliva, and waste, which allows them to travel from their nest in the soil to the food source.
- Noises: Soldier termites will bang their heads against the wood to create a clicking sound that warns the rest of the colony of danger. At the same time, workers aren't quiet either as they chew wood and create tunnels.
If you see any signs of termites on your property, don't hesitate to contact Miche Pest Control for the proper treatment and elimination of the termites.
Three Easy Tricks To Protect Your Gaithersburg Property From Termites
No one wants to handle a termite infestation on their Gaithersburg property, so here are three easy tricks to protect your property against this pest:
- Maintain your property year-round:- Worrying about termites only in the summer months is a sure way to invite this pest into your home. Keep your yard from overgrowing, remove dead trees and stumps, and clear any leaf litter.
- Maintain moisture: A moisture problem in your home can provide the perfect environment for some termite species. To make your home less attractive to this pest, repair any leaks, fix ventilation issues, and use dehumidifiers in areas prone to moisture buildup.
- Maintain a protective barrier: With professional assistance, you can keep termites away from your home with a protective barrier. Miche Pest Control uses Sentricon® Termite Bait Stations to accomplish this.
Termite prevention doesn't have to be stressful when you work with experts like our team at Miche Pest Control, so contact us today to get started!
Recent Blog Articles
December 01, 2022
Roaches scurrying around your home and stealing your peace of mind? Explore what cockroaches are, what they do, and what you can do about them.Read More
November 30, 2022
Find out how to identify a centipede, which ones are considered dangerous, and some prevention tips to keep them away from your home.Read More