Top Rated Stink Bug Control Services For Homes & Businesses In Gaithersburg, MD
Miche Pest Control is a top rated, family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides stink bug control services for homes and businesses in Gaithersburg, MD and the surrounding areas. Our expert technicians get rid of stink bug infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the stink bugs from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today!
Comprehensive Stink Bug Control For Gaithersburg, MD
Gaithersburg is known for its warm, welcoming neighborhoods and is host to many international and domestic visitors, but one pest you don't want to lay out the welcome mat for is stink bugs. True to their name, these common Maryland pests give off a potent odor when disturbed; as their population grows, so does their smell. The pest control professionals at Miche Pest Control want to help you keep stink bugs and other nuisance pests off your Gaithersburg property.
We offer quarterly stink bug control to break up the life cycle of stink bugs and prevent them from becoming a nuisance in your home or business. We will treat any areas with stink bug activity, including the sides of your building and around windows and doors. We also include power spraying and granulating around the outside of your foundation, treating exterior cracks and crevices, and interior treatments as requested. While we're there, we will provide a complimentary cobweb and wasp nest removal and take into account any additional concerns you may have. Call today to schedule your first visit or request a free quote!
Time To Protect Your Gaithersburg Home Against Stink Bugs
Chances are you have heard of stink bugs because these pests have a reputation due to their odor. These insects have a shield-shaped body with a mottled brown appearance and dark and light brown banding on the wings.
Although stink bugs are inconvenient when infested, they are nuisance pests. They can cause issues for farmers and food production, so don't underestimate this small pest.
Stink bugs are attracted to warm and sunny places, which is why you might see them on the exterior walls of your home. Although this might not seem a big deal, they can easily make their way inside a home through cracks and other weaknesses.
Look to Miche Pest Control for the best treatments and methods to protect your home from stink bugs.
Why You May Be Seeing Stink Bugs In Your Gaithersburg Home
As with other flying pests, stink bugs can wander into homes accidentally, but if you see more than one or two of these pests inside, there could be a few reasons why they are attracted to your home. Here are a few things that can cause stink bugs to infest your home:
- Light: Stink bugs are attracted to bright lights, particularly at night.
- Food: Whether you have fruit trees, a garden, or food from the grocery store that is accessible to pests, you could be inviting stink bugs to make themselves at home on your property.
- Entry points: Besides getting in through open doors and windows, stink bugs can make their way inside cracks in the foundation and exterior walls.
- Moisture: Many insects are attracted to moisture, including stink bugs; poor ventilation and leaks can lead to issues with these pests.
With the help of Gaithersburg pest control experts, you can make your home less attractive to stink bugs and keep them out. Miche Pest Control is your go-to for all your pest problems!
What Everybody In Gaithersburg Ought To Know About Stink Bugs
When it comes to any pest, the best thing you can do to protect yourself against them, is by fully understanding them. Many people aren't informed about stink bugs in Gaithersburg, so to fill you in, here are the facts about this pest:
- Stink bugs are an invasive species in the United States, originally from Eastern Asia, brought in with imported fruit.
- Since coming to the U.S., stink bugs have spread to many states.
- They are prolific breeders, laying 20 to 30 eggs at a time, and with a short lifecycle, they create multiple generations each year.
- In a female stink bug's lifetime, she can lay up to 400 eggs.
- Stink bugs are crop-destroying pests, causing damage to commercial crops, home gardens, ornamental plants, and more.
- When they feel threatened or crushed, stink bugs emit a fouled odor as a defense mechanism.
- If crushed, stink bugs can also cause staining to certain fabrics.
- Stink bugs don't go into total hibernation in the winter, but a state of diapause, which slows their metabolism and allows them to go long periods without eating.
If you believe you have a stink bug problem in your Gaithersburg home, ask the experts at Miche Pest Control about residential pest control services.
Can Pest Control Get Rid Of Stink Bugs? (Gaithersburg Exterminators)
Whether you have an active stink bug problem or want to prevent one from occurring, work with Miche Pest Control to keep these critters out of your home.
We offer quarterly stink bug control services for our residential customers. Our services break the lifecycle of stink bugs by treating them every three months and focusing on areas where these pests are active such as the side of the structure and near doors and windows. Treatment methods we use to keep stink bugs away include:
- Power spraying around the foundation
- Granulating around the perimeter
- Treating cracks and crevices
- Plus, complimentary cobweb and wasp nest removal
To reduce the products used inside your home, we emphasize exterior treatments, but we will treat the inside using child and pet-friendly products when necessary.
You can also count on our expert technicians to make exclusion recommendations to keep stink bugs from getting inside your home.
Along with our services, we recommend implementing these prevention steps to make your home less attractive to stink bugs:
- Keep outdoor lights off at night and close curtains and blinds to eliminate light from the inside.
- Inspect the exterior of your home for potential entry points, including damaged screens, missing weather stripping, cracks in the foundation and exterior walls, and gaps around window and door frames.
- Store produce in the refrigerator and discard anything deteriorating.
- Keep gardens on the outer perimeter of your property and away from your home.
- Properly maintain all gardens, fruit trees, and landscaping.
- Remove leaf litter and other debris from your yard.
Contact us at Miche Pest Control to learn more about how we can assist you with stink bugs and other nuisance pests in your home.
Always on time and communicative. Mr. Miche is a great person to have on our family team to keep our household working right!