Top Rated Spider Control Services For Homes & Businesses In Gaithersburg, MD
Miche Pest Control is a top rated, family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides spider control services for homes and businesses in Gaithersburg MD and the surrounding areas. Our expert technicians get rid of spider infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the spiders from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today!
Comprehensive Spider Control For Gaithersburg, MD
Gaithersburg is renowned for its safety, but how safe can you be with eight-legged creatures running around your property? In truth, that depends on both the species and the number of individuals. Some Maryland spiders have a dangerous bite while others are deemed more nuisance than anything, yet as spider populations grow, even more docile species can become problematic.
At Miche Pest Control, we want to help protect your home or business from common local spiders as well as the pests they prey on. Our spider control services are modern and effective. We will quickly remove existing populations and webs and help you prevent them from returning. Call today to request a free quote for spider control and other services!
What You Need To Know About Spiders In Gaithersburg
Everyone is at least a little familiar with spiders in Gaithersburg as they are some of the most common household pests. However, there are several misconceptions about these pests that you should know the truth about:
- First, although we refer to them as insects, spiders are arachnids, which means they have eight legs, no antenna, and no wings.
- Spiders are beneficial to people because they help control insect populations, but this is also why they infest; they follow prey pests inside.
- All kinds of spiders have fangs and venoms to subdue prey and defend themselves.
- The majority of spiders you will encounter are not dangerous to people because when they bite, it isn't strong enough to break the skin, and their venom isn't strong enough to harm people.
- There are only two species in the United States that are considered dangerous, the black widow and brown recluse.
- While we have black widows in Gaithersburg, brown recluse spiders are not native to the area and are very rare here.
There is always more to know about spiders and other pests, so consult with area experts at Miche Pest Control to address all your pest concerns.
Five Simple Ways To Keep Spiders Out Of Your Gaithersburg Home
No one wants spiders in their home, but many don't realize that to keep them away, you first have to prevent other pests that attract these predatory arachnids. You can do this using these five tips:
- Remove food sources: Pests will feed on almost anything from crumbs, garbage, open food products, pet food, and more. So make sure to sweep and vacuum regularly, use garbage cans with a fitting lid, and store all food properly.
- Reduce moisture: Many pests look for a damp place to live, so you should address any leaks, ventilation issues, and moisture build-up.
- Remove entry points: The most common way pests get entry is through cracks in the foundation and exterior walls. Inspect these areas for any damage and repair screens on windows and doors, cover drains and vents, and check anything you are bringing inside for insects.
- Reduce harborage: Pests, even spiders, need a place to hide from predators. You can reduce these areas by maintaining your yard, preventing it from overgrowing, and decluttering your home.
- Ongoing pest control: Working with professionals is the best way to keep spiders and other pests out of your home.
Miche Pest Control provides quarterly residential pest control services to help you maintain a pest and spider-free home!
Gaithersburg's Handy Handbook To Spider Identification
There are many types of spiders in Gaithersburg, ranging in all sorts of colors and sizes. To help you identify them, here are the most common:
Common House Spiders:
These are not one particular species, but many small ones that vary from tan to brown and sometimes black and have banding on their legs. Often, these spiders are born inside and don't ever go outside and are more suitable to live indoors.
Don't build nests; instead, they use burrows abandoned by other animals or ones they've created to hunt for prey actively. They can be between 1/2 to 2 inches long and are dark brown with lighter brown markings on their bodies and legs covered in hair.
This species has a tan line running down its back with two black lines on either side. They are similar looking to wolf spiders and are often confused for them. However, grass spiders spin webs and are funnel weavers, creating a funnel-shaped web to catch prey.
They are usually about an inch or less long and vary in color. Like wolf spiders, jumping spiders hunt for their prey.
Black Widow Spiders:
Only female black widows are dangerous. They are identifiable by their shiny black body and red or orange hourglass marking on the abdomen. They are about 1 to 1 1/2 inches and are known for creating webs that look messy and disorganized.
If you see any of these spiders in or around your home, give us a call at Miche Pest Control so we can assist with their control and prevention.
Easy And Effective Spider Control Guide For Gaithersburg Homeowners
You can make spider control effortless in Gaithersburg by partnering with us at Miche Pest Control. Our residential pest control plan:
- Treats and removes spider webs
- Treats and removes wasp and hornet nests
- Provides exterior perimeter power spray, granular application, and crack and crevice treatments
- Utilizes interior treatments as needed to reduce the number of products used in your home
Let Miche Pest Control protect you and your family from spiders and other pests with our general and specialty pest control services. Specialty services address pests like termites, rodents, stink bugs, mosquitoes, termites, and German cockroaches.
Contact us today to learn more about all the pest control solutions we offer and how we can with easy and effective spider control.
I switched from another pest control company due to high pressure sales/bad billing practices, and switched to Miche. They have been excellent. Excellent customer service, very effective pest treatments, competitive pricing. I highly recommend.