Top Rated Rat Control Services For Homes & Businesses In Gaithersburg, MD
Miche Pest Control is a top rated, family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides rat control services for homes and businesses in Gaithersburg, MD and the surrounding areas. Our expert technicians get rid of rat infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the rats from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today!
Comprehensive Rat Control For Gaithersburg, MD
There's nothing quite as unsettling as the knowledge that rats are creeping through the quiet areas of your Gaithersburg home after dark. Beyond being creepy, rats carry a wide variety of diseases, damage property, and can be nearly impossible to remove without expert help. If you are struggling with rats, the professionals at Miche Pest Control can provide that help. We service homes across Gaithersburg and surrounding areas with a variety of pest control options, including rat control.
DIY techniques are seldom effective with rodents, but at Miche Pest Control, our experienced technicians use a combination of techniques to eliminate existing rat populations and prevent them from returning. Our indoor traps take care of the current problem, but we don't stop there. To prevent rats from continuing to re-infest your home, we will eliminate entry points and utilize tamper-resistant bait stations to reduce outdoor populations. Call today for your free quote, and remember to ask about our pest free guarantee!
The Need For Rat Control & Extermination In Gaithersburg
Most people think they would know if they have a rat infestation in their home, but the truth is you can't always tell right away. Rats are nocturnal critters that are smart and tend to avoid us, although they are more likely to confront people than mice. You should know the signs of rats to look for, which include:
- Droppings, usually in a concentrated area
- Rub marks along the walls where rats are actively traveling
- Pawprints, usually in dusty areas
- Scratching sounds coming from the roof, attic, or inside the walls
- Gnaw marks on different materials around your home and food packaging
- Nests and nesting material, which can consist of shredded papers, cardboard, fabric, insulation, and more
If you have pets in your home, you might also notice a change in their behavior if there is a rat problem. Your pets might become restless and focused on a specific area. If you see this happening, don't ignore it, as they could be telling you exactly where rodents are hiding.
Contact Miche Pest Control if any of the signs above are present in your home or if you don't have any signs but are concerned about an infestation.
Rat Facts & How To Get Rid Of Them In Gaithersburg
There is a lot to know about rats and understanding this pest is essential to control and prevention, so here is the most crucial information about rats in Gaithersburg:
Types of rats
Norway rats are the most common species in our area, but roof rats are also present. As a larger and more aggressive species, Norway rats are very territorial and pose many dangers to people.
Here are some answers to the most commonly asked questions about rats:
- What attracts rats: These opportunistic pests will take advantage of open garbage cans, crumbs, pet food, bird feeders, and other food sources they can access.
- How do rats get inside: Despite being more prominent than mice, rats only need a hole the size of a penny to squeeze through, so they can get in through gaps in the foundation, spaces around windows and doors, missing screens, open vents, and other weaknesses in a home's exterior.
- When are rats most active: Rats are nocturnal pests, so you likely won't see them running around during the day. Instead, they will come out at night to forage for food, traveling up to 150 feet away from their nest to look for food.
Get rid of rats the easy way by working with Miche Pest Control!
The Dangers Rats Bring To Your Gaithersburg Property
Rats have a poor reputation, but that's for a good reason. They may be some of the worst pests you can have on your property. They cause many health concerns and problems, which include:
- Spreading diseases such as leptospirosis, rat-bite fever, tularemia, and salmonellosis
- Spreading parasites like mites, fleas, and ticks, come with their own dangers
- Causing contamination by carrying germs and leaving waste throughout a house
- Creating damage to belongings and the home's structure by chewing and gnawing on anything they can get their teeth around
- You can breathe in the waste they create, which turns into dust and worsens asthma and allergy conditions.
Avoid the diseases rats carry and the other issues they will bring to your property by instituting preventive measures. You can do this with the assistance of Miche Pest Control's expert technicians.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of Rats On Your Gaithersburg Property
While you can find many DIY rodent solutions online or products in the store that promise to eliminate your rat problem, these methods are often ineffective and more costly. Removing a rat infestation isn't as simple as getting rid of active adults. To be successful, you have to:
- Understand what species you are dealing with
- Figure out how they are getting inside
- Identify what is attracting them
All of this can be a challenge for the average untrained person to handle this pest, which is why the best way to get rid of rats is with the help of experts.
Miche Pest Control offers rodent control services that provide entry point inspection and sealing, interior rodent trapping, and exterior tamper-resistant bait station. To keep you and your family safe throughout the entire rodent control process, we only use products and tamper-resistant bait stations that are EPA registered and labeled.
When you partner with us, we will eradicate existing rats during the first visit and continue with year-round service visits to prevent this pest from returning. With our guarantee, we will return and re-treat at no additional cost if the rats reappear between scheduled services.
Contact Miche Pest Control to learn more about our rodent control offerings and how we can help you!
Recent Blog Articles
December 01, 2022
Roaches scurrying around your home and stealing your peace of mind? Explore what cockroaches are, what they do, and what you can do about them.Read More
November 30, 2022
Find out how to identify a centipede, which ones are considered dangerous, and some prevention tips to keep them away from your home.Read More