Top Rated Bee Control Services For Homes & Businesses In Gaithersburg, MD
Miche Pest Control is a top rated, family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides bee control services for homes and businesses in Gaithersburg MD and the surrounding areas. Our expert technicians get rid of bee infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the bees from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today!
Comprehensive Bee Control For Gaithersburg, MD
Gaithersburg may be one of the safest places to live in Maryland, but even in the safest places, bees can be a dangerous pest. Yet bees are also an important part of the ecosystem; destroying their nests is never advised. Miche Pest Control provides expert bee control services to keep both you and bees safe.
We offer modern and effective bee control and removal services to Gaithersburg and surrounding areas. To protect your home and family from bees and other stinging pests, call or connect with the professionals at Miche Pest Control online. Make sure to ask about our pest free guarantee and request your free quote!
Do You Know How Dangerous Bees Can Be In Gaithersburg?
Bees may be the most beneficial to have around compared to the many pests that can cause issues on your Gaithersburg property because they are essential to pollination. However, there are also plenty of reasons you wouldn't want bees to make themselves at home in your yard. But before we discuss the issues with bees, you should be aware of the different types in our area:
- Bumblebees: Maryland has several bumblebee species; these bees are identifiable by their robust bodies, black and yellow coloring, and fuzzy appearance. Some species can also be variations of red and orange with black. As social insects, bumblebees live in much smaller colonies than other types of bees, with only about 50 to a few hundred individuals. Although females can sting, they usually prefer to avoid people altogether.
- Carpenter Bees: With a similar appearance to bumblebees, carpenter bees are distinguishable by their smooth, blackish abdomen compared to the hairy abdomen of bumblebees. Carpenter bees are a docile species, so although they can sting, they rarely do. They are a solitary species, which means they don't live in large colonies
- Honey Bees: A honey bee's appearance varies depending on the species but is usually dark brown with yellow stripes and hairy. They are social but are not aggressive and only sting when threatened. Unlike other species, honey bees have a barbed stinger, so they can only sting once.
- Sweat Bees: Like honey bees, sweat bees vary depending on the species; some have a robust appearance, while others are slender. Many have a metallic look, with some being black and others green. Some sweat bees are social, while others are solitary.
Because it can be challenging to identify specific species, it's best to ask our professionals at Miche Pest Control for assistance.
Bees are a tricky pest to remove for several reasons. The first is the importance of protecting pollinators. Most people don't realize how many food, beverage, and other daily use products rely heavily on pollinators for production.
Another reason these pests are challenging because some, like carpenter bees, bore holes in wood to create their nest. If you attempt to cover or fill one of these holes while a bee is inside, they will only bore deeper inside, causing more damage.
Finally, although bees are much more docile than other stinging insects, they can still sting and cause medical concerns, which you can read about in the next section.
Dangers Of Bees Gaithersburg Residents Should Be Aware Of
As mentioned, bees are stinging insects, which means they have a stinger used to protect themselves from threats. And even though bees are less aggressive than other pests like wasps, hornets, and yellow jackets, they can still attack people if they feel threatened.
Honey bees are the only type of stinging insect that can only sting once. Other species have smooth stingers so that they can sting multiple times. A bee sting results in an immediate sharp, burning pain and some swelling for most. However, for those allergic to these pests, a sting can be very dangerous with symptoms such as difficulty breathing, swelling of the throat and tongue, quickened heart rate, nausea, dizziness, and more. These symptoms can signify anaphylaxis, and one should seek medical assistance immediately.
Other dangers of bees include the damage they can do to a property. Some of these pests can get inside the walls of a house where they can build an extensive nest, while others, like carpenter bees, can bore into decks, fences, siding, and other similar places.
No matter what issue you are most concerned about, it is always best to get help from pest control experts.
Will Pest Control Get Rid Of Bees? (Gaithersburg Exterminators)
Attempting to get rid of bees independently can put you and others in the area in danger of being attacked and stung. Because of this, you should contact Miche Pest Control for bee removal.
Our highly trained experts identify specific species, which allows them to implement the best possible methods to remove these kinds of pests from your property. Not only will we eliminate an active infestation, but we will provide prevention, starting with these recommended tips:
- Remove standing water from your yard.
- Keep your yard clear of dead trees, logs, stumps, and woodpiles to remove potential nesting sites.
- Keep foliage on your property cut short, especially close to the house.
- Check the exterior of your home, along the foundation and roofline, for cracks and gaps where bees can get inside.
- Reduce the number of flowering plants and fruit trees in your yard.
Call us at Miche Pest Control for more tips and assistance with bees in Gaithersburg.
Always on time and communicative. Mr. Miche is a great person to have on our family team to keep our household working right!