Ant Control Services In Gaithersburg MD
Miche Pest Control is a family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides residential and commercial ant control services for homes and businesses in Gaithersburg MD and the surrounding areas. Our expert ant exterminators get rid of ant infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the ants from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today or book online!
Ant Exterminator Serving Gaithersburg MD
If you're dealing with an ant infestation in Gaithersburg MD, it's important to find a reliable and effective ant exterminator. At Miche Pest Control, we understand how frustrating and overwhelming it can be to deal with ants in your home or business. That's why we offer professional and customized ant extermination services to effectively eliminate your ant problem. Our team of experienced exterminators will quickly identify the source of the infestation and use state-of-the-art techniques to eliminate it. We use safe, eco-friendly methods to ensure the safety of your family and pets. Don't let ants disrupt your daily life, contact Miche Pest Control today and schedule your ant extermination appointment. We guarantee to get the job done right the first time!
Ants Found In Gaithersburg: The Complete Guide
When dealing with ants on your property, it's essential to figure out which species is causing issues, as you may need to use specific treatment methods to remove them and keep them from returning. There are many different ant species found in Gaithersburg, including:
- Acrobat ants
- Argentine ants
- Bigheaded ants
- Carpenter ants
- Citronella ants
- Field ants
- Little black ants
- Odorous house ants
- Pavement ants
- Pharaoh ants
- Pyramid ants
- Red imported fire ants
- Small honey ants
- Thief ants
It's best not to guess which ant species it is; call in the experts from Miche Pest Control for proper identification.
Ants & Common Pest Problems In The Gaithersburg Area
The pest problems caused by ants vary greatly depending on the species. Luckily, most of the ants you'll come across are nuisance pests because they don't pose health concerns to people. However, some species are much more problematic:
- Red imported fire ants may be the most troublesome and dangerous. First, they are an invasive species, so they are responsible for displacing native ants and putting stress on the ecosystem. They are also the most aggressive ants and will swarm, sting, and bite if disturbed.
- Carpenter ants don't pose health concerns, but they do cause damage. Unlike termites, carpenter ants don't eat wood; instead, they create tunnels and nests inside wood near food sources.
- Argentine ants are an invasive species known for their extra-large colonies. Like fire ants, they have a negative effect on native species, are aggressive, and can bite.
- Pharaoh ants are known to spread dangerous pathogens, including streptococcus, staphylococcus, and salmonella.
- Thief ants can contaminate food with pathogens after feeding on dead rodents.
Although not a danger, acrobat ants and odorous house ants will emit a foul odor when crushed, so although tempting, avoid doing this to any ants you see.
While some species may be more of an annoyance than a danger, none are welcome on any residential property, so you should contact us at Miche Pest Control for assistance if you are dealing with these insects.
Ant Season In Gaithersburg Never Ends
Ants are most active during the summer but continue working through the winter, so the ant season never ends in Gaithersburg. Use these ant prevention tips year-round:
- Keep your home clean of food debris and crumbs by vacuuming regularly, wiping down counters and surfaces, and limiting food to kitchens and eating areas.
- Store food in airtight containers, including pet food.
- Use garbage cans with tight-fitting lids and clean them out when necessary to remove residue.
- Pick up fallen fruit in your yard and never put food out for wildlife.
- Address moisture issues by checking ventilation, repairing leaks and poor drainage, and using dehumidifiers.
- Reduce moisture outside by removing organic debris, unclogging gutters, and filling ground holes.
- Inspect the foundation, roofline, and exterior walls for cracks, gaps, and damage.
- Replace damaged screens, weather stripping, and door sweeps.
- Install covers on drains and vents.
- Keep foliage in your yard trimmed, and ensure no branches are touching the sides of your home.
For more prevention recommendations, call us at Miche Pest Control! Our residential pest control services also help keep ants away during any season.
Benefits Of Professional Ant Treatment For Gaithersburg Homes
The best thing you can do when dealing with ants is to obtain professional treatments for several reasons, including:
- If you are dealing with a dangerous species, allowing professionals to assist will better protect you and your family.
- Store-bought products can be hazardous to use if you are unfamiliar with them.
- Getting rid of any pest can be a process, but professionals are experienced and know what works and what doesn't, so they can apply quick solutions that will provide results.
- Over-the-counter products aren't cheap, and infestations usually require you to purchase multiple of any products you use, so after a while, costs can start to add up.
- When working with the right professionals, there will be no hidden costs.
Peace of Mind:
- When working with professionals like Miche Pest Control, you will receive a pest-free guarantee, so if ants are still active after treatment, your home will be re-treated at no extra cost.
- You also get ongoing services that provide year-round protection against ants.
- Although you see ants, you might also have other pests on your property; professionals can identify them and treat them appropriately.
- Miche Pest Control provides specialty services for rodents, mosquitoes, termites, German cockroaches, and stink bugs.
For ant control and all your other pest control needs, call Miche Pest Control! We will start with a free estimate and initial inspection, so our experts can get you on track to a pest-free home.
Comprehensive Ant Control For Gaithersburg, MD
Gaithersburg is known for being a warm and welcoming neighborhood which is excellent in terms of our community but not so great when it comes to ant infestations. While you may not intend to roll out the welcome mat for ants in Gaithersburg, chances are there are things in your home that are calling out to a variety of ant species. The licensed experts at Miche Pest Control can help you eliminate factors in your Gaithersburg home that attract ants and other pest species.
We provide exceptional ant control services to homes in Gaithersburg and the surrounding areas. When you work with us, you can expect friendly, expert service technicians, effective and affordable treatments, and a pest free guarantee. If you want to get rid of ants in your Gaithersburg home (or prevent them in the first place), we can help – and we'll also help you make sure they don't return. Call or reach out to us online today to find out more or schedule your first appointment!
Gaithersburg, officially the City of Gaithersburg, is a city in Montgomery County, Maryland. Gaithersburg is the fourth-largest incorporated city in Maryland, behind Baltimore, Frederick, and Rockville. Gaithersburg is located to the northwest of Washington DC, and is considered a suburb and a primary city within the Washington–Arlington–Alexandria, DC–VA–MD–WV Metropolitan Statistical Area. Gaithersburg was incorporated as a town in 1878 and as a city in 1968. Gaithersburg is noted for its ethnic and economic diversity; WalletHub in 2016 ranked it first among the 313 largest U.S. cities for ethnic diversity and second for social class diversity.
Gaithersburg is divided into east and west sections, separated by Interstate 270. The eastern section of the city is older and is the original portion of the town before more recent growth. Landmarks and buildings from that time can still be seen in many places but especially in the historic central business district of Gaithersburg called "Olde Towne". The east side also includes Lakeforest Mall, City Hall, and the Montgomery County Fair grounds, and Bohrer Park (a well-known joint community recreation center and outdoor water park for kids and families). The west side of the city has many wealthier neighborhoods that were designed with smart growth techniques and embrace New Urbanism. These include the award-winning Kentlands community, the Lakelands community, and the Washingtonian Center (better known as Rio), a popular shopping/business district. Two New Urbanism communities are under construction, including Watkins Mill Town Center (Casey East and West), and the massive "Science City".
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) is headquartered in Gaithersburg directly west of I-270. Other major employers in the city include IBM, Lockheed Martin Information Systems and Global Services business area headquarters, AstraZeneca, and the French multinational corporation, Sodexo. Gaithersburg is also the location of the garrison of the United States Army Reserve Legal Command.
The most prominent highways serving Gaithersburg are Interstate 270 and Interstate 370. I-270 is the main highway leading northwest out of metropolitan Washington DC, beginning at Interstate 495 (the Capital Beltway) and proceeding northwestward to Interstate 70 in Frederick. I-370 is a short spur, starting just west of I-270 in Gaithersburg and heading east to its junction with Maryland Route 200. Via MD 200, I-370 connects Gaithersburg with Interstate 95 near Laurel. Maryland Route 355 was the precursor to I-270 and follows a parallel route. It now serves as the main commercial roadway through Gaithersburg and neighboring communities. Other state highways serving Gaithersburg include Maryland Route 117, Maryland Route 119 and Maryland Route 124. Maryland Route 28 passes just outside the Gaithersburg corporate limits.
Rockville MD (5 miles), Bethesda MD (12 miles), Silver Spring MD (14 miles), Herndon VA (16 miles), Ashburn VA (17 miles), Falls Church VA (18 miles), Arlington VA (19 miles), Columbia MD (19 miles), Hyattsville MD (19 miles), Laurel MD (19 miles), Washington DC (19 miles), Leesburg VA (20 miles), Fairfax VA (21 miles), Frederick MD (22 miles), Ellicott City MD (23 miles), Springfield VA (24 miles), Alexandria VA (25 miles), Bowie MD (25 miles), Manassas VA (31 miles), Baltimore MD (33 miles), Upper Marlboro MD (33 miles), Woodbridge VA (34 miles), Annapolis MD (40 miles), Fredericksburg VA (60 miles)
I switched from another pest control company due to high pressure sales/bad billing practices, and switched to Miche. They have been excellent. Excellent customer service, very effective pest treatments, competitive pricing. I highly recommend.