Top Rated Ant Control Services For Homes & Businesses In Gaithersburg, MD
Miche Pest Control is a top rated, family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides ant control services for homes and businesses in Gaithersburg, MD and the surrounding areas. Our expert technicians get rid of ant infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the ants from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today!"
Comprehensive Ant Control For Gaithersburg, MD
Gaithersburg is known for being a warm and welcoming neighborhood which is excellent in terms of our community but not so great when it comes to ant infestations. While you may not intend to roll out the welcome mat for ants in Gaithersburg, chances are there are things in your home that are calling out to a variety of ant species. The licensed experts at Miche Pest Control can help you eliminate factors in your Gaithersburg home that attract ants and other pest species.
We provide exceptional ant control services to homes in Gaithersburg and the surrounding areas. When you work with us, you can expect friendly, expert service technicians, effective and affordable treatments, and a pest free guarantee. If you want to get rid of ants in your Gaithersburg home (or prevent them in the first place), we can help – and we'll also help you make sure they don't return. Call or reach out to us online today to find out more or schedule your first appointment!
Ants Found In Gaithersburg: The Complete Guide
When dealing with ants on your property, it's essential to figure out which species is causing issues, as you may need to use specific treatment methods to remove them and keep them from returning. There are many different ant species found in Gaithersburg, including:
- Acrobat ants
- Argentine ants
- Bigheaded ants
- Carpenter ants
- Citronella ants
- Field ants
- Little black ants
- Odorous house ants
- Pavement ants
- Pharaoh ants
- Pyramid ants
- Red imported fire ants
- Small honey ants
- Thief ants
It's best not to guess which ant species it is; call in the experts from Miche Pest Control for proper identification.
Ants & Common Pest Problems In The Gaithersburg Area
The pest problems caused by ants vary greatly depending on the species. Luckily, most of the ants you'll come across are nuisance pests because they don't pose health concerns to people. However, some species are much more problematic:
- Red imported fire ants may be the most troublesome and dangerous. First, they are an invasive species, so they are responsible for displacing native ants and putting stress on the ecosystem. They are also the most aggressive ants and will swarm, sting, and bite if disturbed.
- Carpenter ants don't pose health concerns, but they do cause damage. Unlike termites, carpenter ants don't eat wood; instead, they create tunnels and nests inside wood near food sources.
- Argentine ants are an invasive species known for their extra-large colonies. Like fire ants, they have a negative effect on native species, are aggressive, and can bite.
- Pharaoh ants are known to spread dangerous pathogens, including streptococcus, staphylococcus, and salmonella.
- Thief ants can contaminate food with pathogens after feeding on dead rodents.
Although not a danger, acrobat ants and odorous house ants will emit a foul odor when crushed, so although tempting, avoid doing this to any ants you see.
While some species may be more of an annoyance than a danger, none are welcome on any residential property, so you should contact us at Miche Pest Control for assistance if you are dealing with these insects.
Ant Season In Gaithersburg Never Ends
Ants are most active during the summer but continue working through the winter, so the ant season never ends in Gaithersburg. Use these ant prevention tips year-round:
- Keep your home clean of food debris and crumbs by vacuuming regularly, wiping down counters and surfaces, and limiting food to kitchens and eating areas.
- Store food in airtight containers, including pet food.
- Use garbage cans with tight-fitting lids and clean them out when necessary to remove residue.
- Pick up fallen fruit in your yard and never put food out for wildlife.
- Address moisture issues by checking ventilation, repairing leaks and poor drainage, and using dehumidifiers.
- Reduce moisture outside by removing organic debris, unclogging gutters, and filling ground holes.
- Inspect the foundation, roofline, and exterior walls for cracks, gaps, and damage.
- Replace damaged screens, weather stripping, and door sweeps.
- Install covers on drains and vents.
- Keep foliage in your yard trimmed, and ensure no branches are touching the sides of your home.
For more prevention recommendations, call us at Miche Pest Control! Our residential pest control services also help keep ants away during any season.
Benefits Of Professional Ant Treatment For Gaithersburg Homes
The best thing you can do when dealing with ants is to obtain professional treatments for several reasons, including:
- If you are dealing with a dangerous species, allowing professionals to assist will better protect you and your family.
- Store-bought products can be hazardous to use if you are unfamiliar with them.
- Getting rid of any pest can be a process, but professionals are experienced and know what works and what doesn't, so they can apply quick solutions that will provide results.
- Over-the-counter products aren't cheap, and infestations usually require you to purchase multiple of any products you use, so after a while, costs can start to add up.
- When working with the right professionals, there will be no hidden costs.
Peace of Mind:
- When working with professionals like Miche Pest Control, you will receive a pest-free guarantee, so if ants are still active after treatment, your home will be re-treated at no extra cost.
- You also get ongoing services that provide year-round protection against ants.
- Although you see ants, you might also have other pests on your property; professionals can identify them and treat them appropriately.
- Miche Pest Control provides specialty services for rodents, mosquitoes, termites, German cockroaches, and stink bugs.
For ant control and all your other pest control needs, call Miche Pest Control! We will start with a free estimate and initial inspection, so our experts can get you on track to a pest-free home.
I switched from another pest control company due to high pressure sales/bad billing practices, and switched to Miche. They have been excellent. Excellent customer service, very effective pest treatments, competitive pricing. I highly recommend.