Tick Control Services In Frederick MD
Miche Pest Control is a family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides residential and commercial tick control services for homes and businesses in Frederick MD and the surrounding areas. Our expert tick exterminators get rid of tick infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the ticks from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today or book online!
Comprehensive Tick Control For Frederick, MD
Located at the easternmost ridge of the Blue Ridge Mountains with a growing population, Frederick is the ideal spot for ticks looking for a new host. These tiny arachnids may be hard to spot, but the diseases they spread are impossible to ignore. Keep yourself, your family, and your pets safe from ticks this year with help from Miche Pest Control.
At Miche Pest Control, we offer tick, mosquito, and flea treatments that incorporate monthly yard fogging along with larvicide applications to knock down any existing populations and ensure they don’t return. These products are EPA registered and safe for use around homes and businesses but effective against dangerous ticks. Call today and find out which pest free plan is right for you!
When Should I Worry About Ticks In Frederick?
Ticks in Frederick may not be something you tend to think about often, but when a large population of this pest settles around your property, you likely need to start thinking about how to combat this biting insect. Signs that it is time to engage in tick control and get rid of ticks settling around your property include:
- Visual sightings of ticks around your property
- Frequent tick bites on any pets that spend lots of time outdoors or on those that spend time around your yard
- Seeing ticks around interior areas or cleaning and unearthing hiding ticks
Factors that may also be encouraging your tick problem include long grasses around your property, lots of yard debris and woodpiles stacked outdoors, and moisture issues that create humid environments. It is crucial to address these issues and reach out to Miche Pest Control for proper tick removal if you begin to see an increasing number of this pest around your property.
Frederick Ticks & Lyme Disease: What You Need To Know
Ticks cause several diseases that individuals may accidentally pick up when bitten by this pest. It is essential to familiarize yourself with the dangers of ticks and the many illnesses they may carry, plus the symptoms of a serious tick bite. Make sure to protect yourself against Lyme disease and all other tick-borne conditions.
One of the most notable diseases that ticks carry is Lyme disease. However, you can also contract anaplasmosis, babesiosis, ehrlichiosis (red meat allergy), or Rocky Mountain spotted fever, among other conditions, from ticks.
Serious symptoms that you need to look out for after receiving a tick bite include:
- Muscle aches or joint pain
- Rash; this may be circular or bull’s eye-shaped in the case of Lyme disease
- Neck stiffness
- Swollen lymph nodes
Any of these symptoms should be met with medical attention right away, especially if you want to avoid the condition getting more serious. Additionally, young children, the elderly, and those with comprised immune systems are at a much higher risk of experiencing complications associated with tick bites. It is vital to evaluate any suspicious-looking tick bite if you or your loved ones fall into these categories.
The Answers To Frederick's Most Commonly Asked Tick Questions
Ticks are one of those insects that many you may be wary of but not know their lifestyle and the dangers they present. Here to help you further understand ticks, we give you expert answers to Frederick’s most commonly asked tick questions:
- Does every tick carry a disease?: Not every tick can give you a disease, even though many ticks have serious bacteria and pathogens. However, the more ticks you encounter, the higher your chances of picking up an illness.
- Are ticks a year-round problem?: Even though ticks are typically more active during the warmer months, they are a year-round problem and can create chaos on your property anytime, making proper protection essential.
- How do you know if you have a tick bite?: Ticks can be pretty small and relatively sneaky about biting. You’ll know you have a tick bite if you see the tick hanging off your skin or beginning to imbed and if the bitten area is itchy or painful. Keep a watch for serious symptoms like fever, headache, and weakness after receiving a potential tick bite.
For more information on ticks and how to keep this troublesome insect away from your Frederick property, you should contact Miche Pest Control immediately.
How To Keep Ticks Away From Your Frederick Property
You can implement some easy preventative tactics to keep ticks away from your Frederick property. Combine these with professional tick control, and this can help you stop tick infestations year-round:
- Cut down long grasses in outdoor areas and trim back overgrown foliage to reduce shady hiding spots.
- Remove leaf litter and outdoor debris such as woodpiles and fallen branches, as these give ticks prime hiding spots.
- Check any pets for signs of ticks often and work with a veterinarian to provide tick preventative medicines.
- Address leaks and drainage issues that may create pools of excess water, which make the humid and damp environments where ticks prefer to live.
- Make sure that interior areas stay decluttered to deter ticks from hiding there.
- Consider investing in a dehumidifier for indoor areas to prevent moist or humid atmospheres.
- Seal up potential tick entry points by fixing the cracks around windows, doors, and your home's foundation to keep this pest out.
And remember, don’t hesitate to contact Miche Pest Control for professional help addressing tick problems around your property. Our expert technicians can help you treat an active tick issue and protect you from future problems.
Frederick is a city in, and the county seat, of Frederick County, Maryland. It is part of the Baltimore–Washington Metropolitan Area. Frederick has long been an important crossroads, located at the intersection of a major north–south Indian trail and east–west routes to the Chesapeake Bay, both at Baltimore and what became Washington DC and across the Appalachian mountains to the Ohio River watershed. It is a part of the Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV Metropolitan Statistical Area, which is part of a greater Washington-Baltimore-Arlington, DC-MD-VA-WV-PA Combined Statistical Area. Frederick is the second-largest incorporated city in Maryland, behind Baltimore. It is home to Frederick Municipal Airport, which accommodates general aviation, and to Frederick County's largest employer, US Army's Fort Detrick bioscience/communications research installation.
Frederick is located in Frederick County in the northern part of the state of Maryland. The city has served as a major crossroads since colonial times. Today it is located at the junction of Interstate 70, Interstate 270, US Route 340, US Route 40, US Route 40 Alternate and US Route 15 (which runs north–south). In relation to nearby cities, Frederick lies 46 miles west of Baltimore, 49 miles north and slightly west of Washington DC, 24 miles southeast of Hagerstown and 71 miles southwest of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
Frederick's location as a crossroads has been a factor in its development as a minor distribution center both for the movement of people in Western Maryland, as well as goods. This intersection has created an efficient distribution network for commercial traffic in and out, as well as through the city. Major roads and streets in Frederick are intersected by I-70, I-270 (Dwight D. Eisenhower Memorial Highway), US Route 15 (Frederick Freeway), US Route 40, and US Route 340.
Gaithersburg MD (22 miles), Leesburg VA (22 miles), Ashburn VA (26 miles), Rockville MD (27 miles), Herndon VA (31 miles), Columbia MD (33 miles), Bethesda MD (34 miles), Ellicott City MD (34 miles), Silver Spring MD (36 miles), Laurel MD (37 miles), Falls Church VA (39 miles), Fairfax VA (40 miles), Hyattsville MD (40 miles), Washington DC (40 miles), Arlington VA (41 miles), Baltimore MD (44 miles), Bowie MD (44 miles), Springfield VA (45 miles), Alexandria VA (46 miles), Manassas VA (46 miles), Woodbridge VA (53 miles), Upper Marlboro MD (54 miles), Annapolis MD (58 miles), Fredericksburg VA (77 miles)
Recent Blog Articles
Ever wonder what different types of sounds crickets make, and why crickets make the noises they do? Learn the answer to these questions and moreRead More
January 26, 2023
Protecting your health and property is a top priority. If you have roaches in your home, call Miche Pest Control for complete cockroach control.Read More