Three Things Everyone In Fairfax Station, VA, Ought To Know About Wasps
Wasps are frequent visitors to Fairfax Station properties. Here are three things that every resident should know about them:
- They like sweet smells but they like trash, too. These pests are attracted to sweet flowers, rotten fruit that’s fallen off of trees, and any food that’s been left out at cookouts.
- Wasps can be very dangerous. Wasps are one of the most aggressive and territorial pests around and when they feel threatened, they sting en masse. The result of these attacks can leave individuals with shortness of breath, nausea, and fever.
- They’re creatures of habit. While wasps won’t reuse an old nest, they’ll return to one to see if it’s still in good condition. If it is, they’ll know that a property is still ideal. This is why the total removal of nests is so imperative for property owners.
When it comes to staying protected from wasps and the dangers that they pose, look no further than Miche Pest Control. We believe that this service is so important that we include wasp control in our routine quarterly pest control plans. Our expert technicians will remove all wasp nests, old or active, and work with property owners to prevent them from becoming an issue again. With our professional touch, you’ll be protected from wasps throughout the year; we guarantee it. For more information on wasp control, contact us today.
Are Wasps In Fairfax Station, VA, Dangerous?
The wasps that loiter around Fairfax Station properties are very dangerous and can ruin an outdoor gathering in an instant. Due to their highly territorial and equally aggressive behavior, they are very likely to sting individuals if they perceive a threat. To make matters worse, wasps tend to attack as a group, which can leave residents with a number of stings and amplify the negative effects. While not all individuals will experience the same impacts from a sting, some of them might include shortness of breath, nausea, fever, dizziness, a sudden drop in blood pressure, hives, and loss of consciousness.
At Miche Pest Control, we take wasps very seriously, which is why we include wasp control in our quarterly pest control program. During these visits, our skilled technicians will remove any wasp nests and work to protect properties from future issues. Because wasps will return to a property to check the health of their old nest, removal is a vital step that is best left to a professional. With year-round assistance, property owners will never have to fear the dangers of wasps again. To learn more about wasp control that works, contact us today.
Is There Anything I Can Do To Avoid Wasps In Fairfax Station?
Wasps are the kind of pest that can ruin your outdoor gatherings in Fairfax Station in an instant. They are highly territorial and very aggressive, which can be a dangerous combination. There are, however, a few key steps that individuals can take in order to prevent wasps from becoming an issue. Some of those are:
- Avoid using scented laundry detergent, shampoo, soaps, and other personal hygiene products. It’s also important to stay away from pungent and sweet-smelling perfumes.
- Opt for light-colored clothing and remove floral prints from your summertime wardrobe.
- Decorate your backyard with paper lanterns or blow up brown paper bags to mimic a wasp nest. If wasps suspect that there’s another colony present, they’ll flee.
- Ensure that all of the wood around your property is in good working condition and properly treated with either paint or stain.
- Limit all sweet-smelling plants and opt for ones like cucumber, lavender, rosemary, thyme, citronella, and catnip. While hosting an outdoor party, make sure to keep all food items properly covered and clean up after any spills, particularly those of soda or juice.
- Always keep garbage that’s stored outside securely covered and proceed with caution when opening said bins.
To learn more about preventing wasps and for the highest quality wasp control, contact Miche Pest Control today.
Benefits Of Professional Wasp Control In Fairfax Station, VA
For property owners in Fairfax Station who have yet to encounter a wasp problem, they might not be familiar with why professional wasp control is an absolute necessity. That said, there are a few key benefits that working with a team, like the one at Miche Pest Control, offers. Some of the ways that wasp control helps are:
- Limited exposure to the health risks that they pose
- Fewer issues with these pests in the future
- Increased ability to enjoy one’s property and overall sense of comfort
- Protection from property damage to wood items
- Keeps pets who spend time outdoors safe
One of the key ways to keep wasps from becoming an issue is to remove their nest, whether it’s old or new, and for this, property owners need professional assistance. At Miche Pest Control, our wasp control services do just that and more. During our quarterly services, we’ll work to protect local properties from wasps and the issues they pose with high-quality treatments and prevention management. To learn more about the benefits of wasp control, contact us today.
Recent Blog Articles
April 15, 2022
The gigantic and flashy-looking Joro spider is the last thing you want to see around your home or business. However, they may not be as dangerous as they l...Read More
February 21, 2022
Green Pest Services, a sister company of Pointe Pest Control in Illinois, sells to PestCo Holdings, a Thompson Street Capital Partners company.Read More