Four Things Everyone In Fairfax Station, VA, Ought To Know About Ticks
Ticks are a very common pest for residents of Fairfax Station to encounter, but what does everyone truly know about them? Here are four things that everyone who lives in the area ought to know:
- Ticks are parasites. A tick’s main priority is feeding off of the warm blood of animals and humans. As a parasite, it also means that they live off of other organisms and cannot do so without a host.
- They can be spread in a multitude of ways. Due to their nature as a parasite, ticks get around through hitchhiking. This means that they find a host, like rodents, wildlife, household pets, and even people, and go for a free ride right into a home or place of business.
- Not all ticks are dangerous, but some are. While ticks are regularly associated with illnesses like Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, and tularemia, not all ticks will carry the bacteria that lead to these. For example, only deer ticks can spread Lyme disease; however, not all deer ticks are infected with Lyme. To make matters worse, if you’ve been bitten by a tick, there’s no way of knowing if that tick was carrying said bacteria.
- Tick season is lengthy. Though tick season peaks over the summer months, it actually ranges from March through October, with some nymphs becoming present through November.
For the ultimate tick control, contact Miche Pest Control today.
What To Do If You Find Ticks In Fairfax Station, VA
The ticks in Fairfax Station can prove very dangerous to residents and their pets. If you find ticks and you have cats or dogs, one of the first things you should do is consult your veterinarian about year-round flea and tick prevention. The other most important step is to bring in professional tick control from Miche Pest Control. During tick season, we turn to monthly treatments that are designed to provide immediate relief as well as stop any potential issues before they develop. We’re able to do this by combining yard fogging, larvicide applications, and landscape assessments. Our trained professionals will not only treat the direct perimeter of your home, but they will also tend to harborage areas and all of the nooks of your landscaping to address even the most clandestine of areas.
At Miche Pest Control, our tick control services utilize the highest quality products and are built to provide results rain or shine. If ticks arise between regularly scheduled treatments, we’ll return to re-treat your property until the issue is resolved. For more information on keeping ticks away from your yard, contact us today.
Tick Prevention Tips For Fairfax Station, VA Residents
Ticks are a potentially dangerous pest that no resident of Fairfax Station should have to encounter. To keep these pests away, try the following tips:
- Keep yards tidy by trimming back overhanging trees and hedges to reduce shade. It’s also important to remove all leaf piles, lawn clippings, and other yard debris.
- Avoid overwatering lawns, mulch, and plantings.
- Turn over standing water in places like kiddie pools, birdbaths, and a pet’s water bowl. Be sure that grill covers, flower pots, and watersports equipment don’t collect water as well.
- Mow the lawn regularly, maintaining a short length.
- While spending time in areas of tall grass or that are densely packed with vegetation, always wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts, apply EPA-approved products like DEET, and avoid wearing dark colors.
- Consider speaking to a veterinarian about year-round tick prevention for pets.
- After spending time outside, always perform a thorough tick check in places like on the scalp, behind the knees, and underneath the armpits.
To keep ticks off of your property at all times, look no further than Miche Pest Control. Our method of tick control takes a seasonal approach to one of the area’s most harmful pests. We utilize a combination of backpack fogging and larvicide in order to eradicate current problems and keep new ones from cropping up. For more information on tick control that you can trust, contact us today.
Top Three Benefits Of Professional Tick Control In Fairfax Station, VA
While seeing an individual tick here and there might not seem like much of a big deal, it can actually mean that there are many more around Fairfax Station properties. Here are the top three benefits of professional tick control:
- Limitation of exposure to dangerous illnesses. While it’s impossible to know by looking at a tick whether or not it’s infected with dangerous bacteria, it’s widely known that ticks are linked with illnesses like Lyme disease and anaplasmosis.
- Total reduction of ticks altogether. Professional tick control is the hardest working, most reliable protection that homeowners can get. It works to get at the root cause of why tick issues occur and nips them in the bud.
- DIY methods don’t work. Though trying to prevent ticks without help may seem appealing, these techniques are often unfruitful, costly, and a waste of time.
When you partner with Miche Pest Control for your tick control needs, we work tirelessly to ensure that our customers never see a tick. We utilize the highest quality products, larvicide, and yard fogging in order to produce real results. Our monthly approach during the season works to remove all current ticks and also prevent new issues entirely. For more information on tick control, contact us today.
Recent Blog Articles
April 15, 2022
The gigantic and flashy-looking Joro spider is the last thing you want to see around your home or business. However, they may not be as dangerous as they l...Read More
February 21, 2022
Green Pest Services, a sister company of Pointe Pest Control in Illinois, sells to PestCo Holdings, a Thompson Street Capital Partners company.Read More