Top Rated Rodent Control Services For Homes & Businesses In Fairfax Station, VA
Miche Pest Control is a top rated, family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides rodent control services for homes and businesses in Fairfax Station, VA and the surrounding areas. Our expert technicians get rid of rodent infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the rodents from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today!
Comprehensive Rodent Control For Fairfax Station, VA
With our lakes, parks, and reservoirs, there is no end to outdoor recreation in Fairfax Station. Unfortunately, there is also no end to the factors that attract pests. And with all the natural spaces we're surrounded by, rodents are a constant threat. Luckily, Miche Pest Control offers comprehensive rodent control to homes and businesses in Fairfax Station and surrounding areas.
From outside bait stations to finding and sealing entry points and trapping indoor pests, Miche Pest Control has you covered with our pest free guarantee. By taking a varied approach to rodent control, we can take care of rodents quickly without compromising safety. Call today to find out more or schedule your first appointment!
Most Common Rodents In Fairfax Station, VA
Rodents can plague Fairfax Station properties at any time of the year. Here are the three most common rodents types that residents should be prepared to encounter:
- Mice. Petite in nature, mice tend to be grayish-brown in color, nocturnal in nature, and in search of warmth and any form of food.
- Voles. This type of rodent is best described as an elongated mouse that primarily lives outside. Voles are known for the damage that they do to lawns, gardens, and other plants.
- Rats. Perhaps the largest of these three common rodents, rats are often four times the size of mice and have larger features in general. They are also known for their extremely long, hairless tails and ability to scale homes and climb roofs.
In order to prevent issues with any of these rodents or for the safe removal of them, the best call to make is to Miche Pest Control. We provide rodent control that is equally safe and effective by utilizing measures like routine inspections, tamper-proof bait stations, and sealing up entry points with exclusion. This combination ensures that current issues are eradicated and all of the necessary preventive measures have been taken to secure properties from future issues.
Top Three Problems Rodents Cause In Fairfax Station, VA
When rodents make their way inside Fairfax Station homes and businesses, they have the ability to cause some significant issues. The top three problems that they cause are:
- Property damage. Rodents have front incisor teeth that can grow unwieldy if they aren’t cut down on a regular basis. The way that rodents regulate this issue is by chewing and gnawing incessantly on things like walls, molding, electrical wiring, furniture, and personal items.
- Health risks. While scampering about homes and businesses, rodents leave behind urine, saliva, and feces that are linked with the spread of leptospirosis, hantavirus, tularemia, and salmonella. These same items can also exacerbate asthma attacks as well as allergies.
- Spread of other pests. Rodents are one of the most common ways that parasites like mites, ticks, and fleas get spread around. Once they’ve gained entrance to a property, secondary infestations are never too far behind.
In order to prevent the rodents that cause all of these serious issues, look no further than Miche Pest Control. Our reliable rodent control methods create a safe environment for everyone, with thorough inspections, exclusion work, and tamper-resistant bait stations that we check regularly. For more information on these services, contact us today.
Rodent Prevention Tips Every Fairfax Station, VA, Resident Should Know
Rodents pose big problems for Fairfax Station homeowners, like property damage and illness. In order to prevent a problem, try these tips:
- Check for leaks. One thing rodents need is a steady water source, so always check for moisture issues both inside and outside of the home. This includes downspouts, roofs, gutters, bathtubs, showerheads, toilets, and faucets. If any of these are troublesome, fix them completely.
- Seal up all openings. Rodents cause the majority of their damage inside the home, which is why it’s so crucial to fill even the smallest of gaps in a home’s foundation. Use materials like steel wool, silicone-based caulk, and wire mesh to patch up anything that a rodent could squeeze through.
- Tend to landscaping. Rats are very skilled climbers and will take advantage of any overhanging trees or hedges that could be used as a bridge into a home. Always keep greenery neat and trim.
- Store food properly. Rodents are scavengers and even the slightest whiff of food will lure them into a home. Always keep food and pantry items stored in secure, locking containers.
The safest, most effective way to prevent rodent problems is with professional rodent control from Miche Pest Control. Contact us today for more information.
Why Every Home In Fairfax Station, VA Should Be Protected With Professional Rodent Control
Though rodents may seem harmless, they are actually very dangerous for homeowners in Fairfax Station. To start, many rodents are actually hosts to parasites like fleas, ticks, and mites, so whether there’s a population of voles outside around the yard or mice inside a home’s walls, they can spread these pests with little effort at all. While parasites can be harmful to an individual’s health, they are of particular concern to homeowners who have cats and dogs. While the majority of damage that voles cause to the landscaping of a home, resulting in torn-up gardens and lawns, rats and mice tend to do most of their damage on the inside of a dwelling. In their quest for nesting materials, they are very likely to shred personal belongings like clothing, however, in order to keep their teeth from overgrowing, rodents will also chew on walls, creating holes, and electrical wiring, which can cause house fires.
One of the biggest issues that rodents are linked with is health risks like hantavirus, salmonellosis, and allergies, which they spread through their feces, saliva, and urine. Another key reason to enlist professional rodent control is that rodents reproduce very frequently and in high numbers, with mice being capable of having 120 pups per year, and rats approximately half of that number. In order to prevent all of these issues or to handle them when they occur, contact Miche Pest Control for safe and reliable rodent control today.
Recent Blog Articles
October 01, 2022
Are the rats in Maryland looking to invade your home? Find out why these pests invade today and what methods do not work to get them out.Read More
September 30, 2022
Do you know how to control carpenter bees in Washington, D.C.? We do! Learn today what it takes to give these dangerous pests the boot.Read More