Most Common Rats In Fairfax Station, VA
Rats are frequent visitors to Fairfax Station properties, particularly when temperatures outside begin to cool off and they are in search of warm shelter. The most common species of rat in the area is the Norway rat, otherwise known as the brown rat or sewer rat. This type of rat is quite large and can measure up to 16 inches in length. They have short dense fur that is usually light brown in coloring with hints of gray. Similar to mice, they have small features, but their tail is very long and hairless. The Norway rat is a scavenger by nature and tends to enter properties through small gaps and openings.
At Miche Pest Control, we specialize in rat control methods that work for all species of rats. We utilize detailed inspections, entry point assessments and sealings with the safe and effective practice of exclusion, and tamper-proof bait stations that are checked on a routine basis. If rats appear between regularly scheduled visits, our team will return and re-treat your property at no additional cost because we want our customers to be completely satisfied. For more information on rat control that works, contact us today.
Three Problems Rats Cause In Fairfax Station, VA
When rats enter Fairfax Station properties, trouble abounds. Here are three main problems that they are responsible for:
- Other pests. Perhaps one of the most common hosts for parasites, rats are very often responsible for secondary infestations of mites, ticks, and fleas.
- Illness. Unlike mice, rats are more willing to interact with humans, which is how they spread rat-bite fever. Through their droppings, saliva, and urine, rats are also linked with illnesses like hantavirus, leptospirosis, and tularemia. These byproducts are also regularly linked with irritated allergies and asthma attacks.
- Property damage. Rats are capable of a wide array of property damage. While they’re nesting, rats are likely to scavenge for materials, which may include clothing and irreplaceable personal items. Like other rodents, rats also have front incisor teeth that can grow out of control, so in order to keep them short, they will chew and gnaw on anything they can find, which is often walls, furniture, and electrical wiring.
At Miche Pest Control, we provide rat control that lasts. Our methods are designed to both get rid of active rat populations as well as keep new ones from developing. To learn more about how rat control works, contact us today.
Fairfax Station, VA, Homeowner's Guide To Avoiding Rats
When rats enter Fairfax Station homes, they have the ability to spread serious illnesses like leptospirosis and rat-bite fever while also causing significant property damage. In order to prevent these situations from developing, try the following tips:
- Tend to landscaping. Rats are very skilled climbers and are quick to take advantage of hedges, trees, and other plantings that might be overgrown and in contact with your home.
- Secure the foundation. These pests are also very easily able to squeeze through very small openings, which is why it’s important to tend to these cracks with silicone-based caulk, sheet metal, wire mesh, and steel wool.
- Address issues with moisture. A water source is very important for rats, so always check for leaking downspouts, gutters, faucets, and other fixtures, and rectify them as needed. It’s also key to keep basements, attics, and crawl spaces well ventilated.
- Store food properly. Rats love food and they don’t care how they find it, so always keep pantry items and leftovers stored in airtight containers.
- Keep things clean. In order to deter rats from your property, always aim for cleanliness. This includes taking the trash out regularly, doing the dishes, disinfecting surfaces, vacuuming, and cleaning up after crumbs and spills thoroughly.
For rat control that is safe and effective, contact Miche Pest Control today.
How To Buy Professional Rat Control In Fairfax Station, VA
Keeping rats out of your Fairfax Station property is of the utmost importance and is best performed with professional rat control. When searching for the right company for the job, there are a few important factors to consider. To start, you want a team of pest experts who have the knowledge, experience, and tools to do the job right. Inspections are also a very important part of the process, as it allows for an understanding of the potential for issues as well as the extent of current ones. When it comes to treating rat issues, exclusionary measures, as well as bait stations, are very important to have and are the signature of thorough work. Most importantly, routine follow-ups are imperative in order to maintain a rat-free property.
At Miche Pest Control, we provide all of this and more. Our services are designed to be safe, secure, and effective. We are wholly dedicated to your success and keeping rats out of your property. The thorough approach that we take to rat control is designed to get rid of rat problems in their entirety while also preventing new issues. To learn more about our rat control services, contact us today.