Top Rated Mosquito Control Services For Homes & Businesses In Fairfax Station, VA
Miche Pest Control is a top rated, family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides mosquito control services for homes and businesses in Fairfax Station, VA and the surrounding areas. Our expert technicians get rid of mosquito infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the mosquitoes from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today!
Comprehensive Mosquito Control For Fairfax Station, VA
Mosquitoes are an ever-present nuisance in areas like Fairfax Station. As much as DIY solutions promise relief, they seldom have an effect for any length of time. If you want to truly say goodbye to mosquitoes in Fairfax Station, it's time to talk with a professional. At Miche Pest Control, our monthly service visits include yard fogging for fast relief, larvicide to prevent future populations, and high quality products that offer lasting protection rain or shine.
Our products are registered with the EPA and labeled for safe use around homes, pets, and businesses. Our first service will start working immediately on mosquitoes as well as any ticks or fleas you may have on your property. Call today for a free quote or to learn more about our pest free guarantee and get on the road to a mosquito free yard!
Three Things You Did Not Know About Mosquitoes In Fairfax Station, VA
Though mosquitoes are a very common pest in Fairfax Station, there’s a lot that still isn’t known about them. Here are three things that you might not know about mosquitoes, but that you should:
- They’re attracted to sweet smells. One of the things that brings swarms of mosquitoes is anything that smells sweet. Whether it’s in the form of perfume, laundry detergent, shampoo, soap, plants, or fruit trees, they love anything pungently sweet.
- Mosquitoes are actually very dangerous. According to the World Health Organization, mosquitoes are the deadliest animal across the globe due to the one million deaths they’re linked to annually. Mosquitoes are capable of passing along dangerous pathogens that lead to Zika virus, West Nile virus, malaria, Eastern equine encephalitis, and dengue fever.
- It’s the female who bites. In order to reproduce and lay her eggs, the female mosquito actually requires blood, which she finds easily in human hosts. This is how you could spend a night outside and end up bitten up.
To keep yourself protected from mosquitoes, look no further than Miche Pest Control. We specialize in thorough mosquito control, which we apply on a monthly basis during the season. By using both yard fogging and larvicide applications, applied to the far reaches of your property, we look to both provide fast relief from mosquitoes while also preventing new issues from developing. To learn more about mosquito control you can trust, contact us today.
What Is Attracting Mosquitoes To Your Fairfax Station, VA Property
Between the months of March and October, mosquitoes can pose a big problem on your Fairfax Station property. During these months, the female mosquito is searching for the human blood that she needs in order to reproduce, which means she is on the hunt. While there are many factors that make you more or less attractive to mosquitoes, the fact is that genetics are responsible for approximately 85% of the variability in the matter.
In addition to the presence of people, mosquitoes are also drawn to areas that are shady, wooded, moist, and cool. If your yard presents any of these factors, then it might be more likely to develop a mosquito issue. Additionally, the presence of standing water in places like birdbaths or pooled up in sporting equipment or grill covers are ideal places for mosquitoes to lay their eggs and will attract them.
At Miche Pest Control, we understand that mosquito problems develop seemingly out of nowhere to homeowners, which is why we strive to provide the very highest quality of mosquito control around. By combining methods of backpack fogging and detailed larvicide applications, we work to create a completely mosquito-free environment. For more information on seasonal mosquito control, contact us today.
Mosquito Prevention Tips That Make A Difference In Fairfax Station, VA
Mosquitoes are pesky pests in Fairfax Station; however, there are ways to keep them away. Try these helpful tips to prevent mosquitoes from becoming an issue:
- Apply EPA-approved products like Picaridin and DEET before spending time outside.
- Opt for light colors while dressing and avoid floral prints.
- Turn to unscented hygiene products like soap, shampoo, and laundry detergent. It’s also important to skip the perfume.
- Limit the amount of time spent outside during the hours of dusk and dawn.
- Ensure that all of the water in birdbaths, kiddie pools, and flower pots is turned over on a regular basis. Avoid letting water pool up in other places like pool covers, kayaks, and grill covers.
- Remove all yard debris like hedge and lawn trimmings, leaf piles, and fallen tree branches.
- Contact your local pest professional about seasonal mosquito control.
At Miche Pest Control, we work to provide Fairfax Station homeowners with the safest, most effective mosquito control available. We turn to a combination of larvicide applications and yard fogging to produce results and get at the core of why issues are happening in the first place. To learn more about mosquito control that works, contact us today.
DIY vs. Professional Mosquito Control In Fairfax Station, VA
The female mosquitoes in Fairfax Station are on the hunt for the human blood that they need in order to lay their eggs. This means that so much of simply existing as a human has the potential to attract them. That’s why DIY methods of mosquito control include things like: wearing unscented hygiene products, sweating less, consuming less alcohol, opting for plants like citronella and lavender rather than sweet-smelling flowers, limiting time spent outside, and more. This also means trimming back landscaping to reduce shade and meticulously tending to standing water in places like birdbaths and kiddie pools.
The truth is, these DIY techniques are restrictive, simply impractical, and they don’t address the root cause of why mosquitoes are present. Professional mosquito control, on the other hand, is effective and reliable. At Miche Pest Control, we utilize both yard fogging to provide quick relief from mosquitoes as well as larvicide applications to stop new problems from hatching. We treat homes on a monthly basis during the season; however, if any mosquitoes appear between visits, we’ll re-treat a property at no additional cost. The result is a mosquito-free property that comes without the irritation of being bitten, no matter the time of day. For more information on reliable mosquito control, contact us today.
Recent Blog Articles
October 01, 2022
Are the rats in Maryland looking to invade your home? Find out why these pests invade today and what methods do not work to get them out.Read More
September 30, 2022
Do you know how to control carpenter bees in Washington, D.C.? We do! Learn today what it takes to give these dangerous pests the boot.Read More