Signs Cockroaches Have Invaded Your Fairfax Station, VA, Home
While cockroaches are very rarely spotted by Fairfax Station homeowners, you may have an infestation without even knowing it. The following signs may indicate a cockroach population in your home:
- Smear marks on walls close to the floor
- A sweet, musty odor
- Cockroaches themselves
- Shed body parts that happen as part of the molting process
- Chew marks on upholstered items and cereal boxes
- Pepper flake-like feces
Whether you’ve noticed any of the aforementioned signs in your home or are looking to prevent the dangers of cockroaches, contact Miche Pest Control for cockroach control today and keep your household safe.
Three Reasons You Do Not Want Cockroaches In Your Fairfax Station, VA, Home
While cockroaches may seem like a nuisance in your Fairfax Station home, there are actually far bigger issues that they cause. Three reasons that you do not want them moving into your home are:
- Health risks. According to the World Health Organization, cockroaches are “unsanitary scavengers” that can easily deposit bacteria in your food and surfaces that lead to salmonellosis, gastrointestinal diseases, and E. coli infections.
- Property damage. One of the things that cockroaches are known to nibble on is fabric like wool, silk, and upholstery, which can leave you with damaged personal effects.
- Difficulty in getting rid of them. The most frequently encountered species in the area is the German cockroach, and unfortunately, they’re developing a tolerance to many over-the-counter pesticides. Additionally, cockroaches in general reproduce very quickly and tend to live out of sight of people. This means that by spotting one roach, the issue is usually much larger, making it harder to handle.
When it comes to keeping these pests out of your home, Miche Pest Control offers the most reliable cockroach control in Fairfax Station. We employ methods like baits, traps, and wall void treatments to ensure that your home is cockroach-free. To learn more about our services, contact us today.
Cockroach Prevention Tips Everyone In Fairfax Station, VA Ought To Try
Preventing cockroaches in Fairfax Station properties is perhaps the safest way to handle these pests. In order to keep them from developing in your home or business, try these tips:
- Tend to cracks. The best first line of defense from cockroaches is by filling all openings in a property’s foundation and exterior. Whether it’s applying caulk to cracks, lining gaps around windows with weather stripping, or installing door sweeps, these are solid first steps to creating a barrier from cockroaches.
- Watch out for food. Perhaps the most enticing factor for cockroaches is food in all of its forms. Whether that’s food stored without a cover, dirty dishes that have piled up, crumbs and spills, or garbage that needs to be taken out, cockroaches are very easily lured into properties because of it. It’s imperative that residents aim for cleanliness with food-related items and always store them properly.
- Address issues with moisture. Leaky faucets, pipes, gutters, bathtubs, and toilets are all attractive to cockroaches, as they can’t survive for longer than a week without water. In order to keep them from moving into properties, fix any issues with moisture that arise.
- Keep things clean. Cockroaches love a mess, which is why it’s so important to clear all clutter like old newspapers, magazines, and packing materials. Disinfecting surfaces and vacuuming on a routine basis are also imperative in making properties less attractive to cockroaches as well.
- Enlist professional help. Preventing cockroaches is always easier than getting rid of them, but no matter what situation you’re facing, the safest, most reliable way to deal with these pests is with professional cockroach control from your local pest expert.
- For cockroach control that you can trust, contact Miche Pest Control today.
Why Every Fairfax Station, VA, Homeowner Should Consider Professional Cockroach Control
When it comes to the cockroach problems in Fairfax Station, every homeowner can benefit from professional cockroach control for a multitude of reasons. To start, working with a team of pest experts can help prevent these issues from developing in the first place, which is always the ideal scenario. It can actually be very easy to attract cockroaches despite residents’ best efforts to keep them away, as they use sewer systems and jump between shared walls. These pests can prove very difficult to get rid of in general because they hide from humans, reproduce rapidly, and reach maturation within a matter of months. The German cockroach, which is the most common species in the area, is also developing a cross-resistance to many pesticides, which makes professional help all the more necessary.
Perhaps the most important reason to consider professional cockroach control is because of the harmful bacteria that cockroaches spread. Through their fecal matter, saliva, and shed body parts, they are capable of spreading pathogens that lead to E. coli infections, salmonellosis, streptococcus, staphylococcus, diarrhea, and dysentery. In order to keep all of these issues out of properties, turn to Miche Pest Control for cockroach control that works. With residual liquid treatments, baits, wall void treatments, and traps, we’re able to rid homes and businesses of these dangerous pests. For more information, contact us today.
Recent Blog Articles
April 15, 2022
The gigantic and flashy-looking Joro spider is the last thing you want to see around your home or business. However, they may not be as dangerous as they l...Read More
February 21, 2022
Green Pest Services, a sister company of Pointe Pest Control in Illinois, sells to PestCo Holdings, a Thompson Street Capital Partners company.Read More