Ant Control Services In Fairfax Station VA
Miche Pest Control is a family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides ant control services for homes and businesses in Fairfax Station VA and the surrounding areas. Our expert ant exterminators get rid of ant infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the ants from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today or book online!
Ant Exterminator Serving Fairfax Station VA
If you're dealing with an ant infestation in Fairfax Station VA, it's important to find a reliable and effective ant exterminator. At Miche Pest Control, we understand how frustrating and overwhelming it can be to deal with ants in your home or business. That's why we offer professional and customized ant extermination services to effectively eliminate your ant problem. Our team of experienced exterminators will quickly identify the source of the infestation and use state-of-the-art techniques to eliminate it. We use safe, eco-friendly methods to ensure the safety of your family and pets. Don't let ants disrupt your daily life, contact Miche Pest Control today and schedule your ant extermination appointment. We guarantee to get the job done right the first time!
Comprehensive Ant Control For Fairfax Station, VA
Ants are some of the world's most common pests, and Fairfax Station is no exception. From nuisance ants to those that cause health risks or property damage, it's important to find an ant control solution that works. While DIY methods are often less than effective, the professionals at Miche Pest Control have the experience and products you need to keep your Fairfax Station home or business free of ants now and in the future.
Ants are drawn to our properties because they provide a wealth of food, water, and shelter. To keep ants out, you'll need to ensure you eliminate existing populations, remove entry points, and limit factors that attract them. The friendly, licensed technicians at Miche Pest Control can help you do just that. We provide exceptional ant control services to both residential and commercial properties in Fairfax Station and surrounding areas. Call or reach out online today to schedule your inspection or service.
Which Ants Are Most Common In Fairfax Station, VA?
Ant issues are a very frequent occurrence in Fairfax Station, but not all ants are the same. Some of the most common species that can be spotted around town are:
- Pavement ants. Known for the mounds that they build in the cracks of pavement, the aptly named ant is small and black in appearance and can be spotted as the name suggests.
- Red imported fire ants. Small and reddish-orange in color, the red imported fire ant will bite en masse when they feel threatened. The result of these bites can lead to significant allergic reactions.
- Odorous house ants. This is the most common type of ant that is spotted inside homes and businesses, as they search for sweet and sugary foods. They’re small and black but hard to miss.
- Carpenter ants. Perhaps the largest ant, this species attacks the wood in properties and burrows through them, causing similar damage to that of termites.
No matter the type of ant that might be plaguing a property, at Miche Pest Control, we have the solution. Our ant control methods involve interior and exterior treatments, crack and crevice treatments, granular treatments, and perimeter sprays. We’ve included these services as a part of our routine pest control program because we know how difficult preventing all types of ants can be. If any ants return between quarterly visits, we’ll re-service properties at no additional charge. To learn more about ant control that provides protection from season to season, contact us today.
Problems Ants Cause In Fairfax Station, VA
When it comes to the ants in Fairfax Station, they may seem harmless, but they can actually cause a handful of issues for local property owners. Some of the problems they’re responsible for are:
- They’re unsightly
- Attractions of other pests like spiders
- Spread of bacteria that leads to salmonellosis and other illnesses
- Destruction of property, in the case of carpenter ants
- Allergic reactions when red imported first ants bite
When it comes to tackling ants, at Miche Pest Control, we focus on complete removal and prevention. Our ant control is incorporated with our quarterly pest control plans in order to provide local residents with the protection that they need from the area’s most common nuisance pest. We apply a perimeter spray, granular treatments that specifically target ants, and interior applications if necessary. If ants return between these visits, we’ll re-service your property until the issue is resolved. For more information on ant control that lasts, contact us today.
Six Simple Ant Prevention Tips Everyone In Fairfax Station, VA, Should Try
As Fairfax Station’s most common nuisance pest, ants can very easily become an issue in places of business and homes. In order to prevent these unsightly pests from populating, try the following six tips:
- Fix leaks. Whether it’s an issue with downspouts, gutters, and roofs or faucets, pipes, and toilets, all leaks should be rectified completely.
- Fill openings. One of the easiest ways that ants gain access to properties is through small openings, so fill all foundation cracks with caulk, install door sweeps where needed, repair tears in window screens, and apply weatherstripping to the gaps around doors and windows.
- Address mounds. By spotting an ant mound outside of a home or business, it’s an indication that a problem on the inside is not far behind. Addressing these colonies is a good start to preventing future issues.
- Store food properly. Ants are particularly fond of sweet and sugary foods, but they aren’t fussy, which is why it’s important to keep all foods in airtight containers and dispose of anything that may have spoiled.
- Keep things clean. While not traditionally considered food, ants may very easily confuse spilled shampoo and soap for something sweet, so always clean these messes, along with other spills and crumbs, thoroughly.
- Call the pros. Despite doing everything seemingly right, you might find that ants may still become an issue, which is why the best form of protection is ant control from a trusted local pest expert.
For ant control that works, contact Miche Pest Control today.
Benefits Of Professional Ant Control In Fairfax Station, VA
When it comes to keeping ants out of Fairfax Station properties, it can be a tall task. They primarily enter homes and businesses in search of a food source but they are also on the search for a source of water. The truth is, because of their tiny stature, ants can sneak into properties easily, taking advantage of gaps around doors, cracks in foundations, and even tears in window screens. They are quite easily drawn inside as well, whether it’s piled up garbage, spills and crumbs, an excess of dishes, or leaky faucets that’s the culprit. No matter how hard locals may try to keep ants from becoming a problem, there are no assurances.
At Miche Pest Control, we provide ant control that defies the odds. Protection from this pest is included in our quarterly protection plan so that residents can feel confident that they can live free from ants. By using methods like granular barriers, perimeter sprays, and interior treatments applied as needed, we’re confident that our ant control will completely rid properties of any ant problems while also keeping new issues from developing. If ants return between regularly scheduled treatments, our pest experts will re-treat properties at no additional cost to our customers. For more information on reliable ant control, contact us today.
Fairfax Station VA
Fairfax Station is a census-designated place (CDP) in Fairfax County, Virginia. Located in Northern Virginia, its center is located 22 miles southwest of Washington DC. Fairfax Station is located in western Fairfax County, between Clifton to the west, Burke to the east, and the city of Fairfax to the north. The original community of Fairfax Station is located in the eastern part of the CDP, where State Route 123 (Ox Road) crosses the Norfolk Southern Railway line. State Route 286, the Fairfax County Parkway, curves through the center of the CDP, leading northwest to Fair Lakes and southeast to Newington.
The average lifestyle for residents of Fairfax Station rates above those of the national index in categories including total household expenditure, insurance, clothing, education, entertainment, food, health care, personal care, tobacco, transportation, utilities, and gifts. The factors that are below average when compared to the national (lowest in the state for many of them): crime rate, personal crime risk, murder risk, rape risk, larceny risk, and automotive theft risk.
Residents are dependent on private cars for most transportation. Local roads include Route 123 (Ox Road) and Fairfax County Parkway. Some commute using Virginia Railway Express. Fairfax Station is home to the Fairfax Station Railroad Museum, devoted to local railroad history.
Established in 1851, Fairfax Station was originally a station of the Orange and Alexandria Railroad, with proximity to the county seat of Fairfax; it was known as "Lee's Station" during its first year. During the Civil War in August 1862, Clara Barton tended to wounded Union and Confederate troops at the station after the Second Battle of Bull Run (Manassas), with headquarters at nearby St. Mary's Church. An employee of the U.S. Patent Office in Washington at the start of the war, Barton later founded the American Red Cross in 1881. A small skirmish was also fought during at Brimstone Hill near Fairfax Station, the last in the county during the war.
Recent Blog Articles
How Do I Get Rid Of Silverfish In My House Fast?
June 03, 2023
Aggravated by a silverfish issue in your home? Learn how the professionals at Miche Pest Control can eliminate these bizarre-looking insects in no time.Read More
Ants In The House: Understanding The Risks
June 01, 2023
Concerned that ants have suddenly moved into your once comfortable and peaceful home? Find out how Miche Pest Control can wipe these insects out fast!Read More