Top Rated Termite Control Services For Homes & Businesses In Burke. VA
Miche Pest Control is a top rated, family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides termite control services for homes and businesses in Burke, VA and the surrounding areas. Our expert technicians get rid of termite infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the termites from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today!
Comprehensive Termite Control For Burke, VA
With the comforts of suburbia and excitement of nearby Washington DC, real estate in Burke, VA is in high demand, but it's not just people looking to move into local neighborhoods. Humid weather and temperate conditions make Burke an ideal location for home-infesting termites as well. Luckily, the experts at Miche Pest Control are here to help you control and prevent termites on your Burke property.
There are not many pests more tenacious or hard to beat than the termite. These silent destroyers can often go years escaping detection as they carve out the structural elements of your home. At Miche Pest Control, we take a comprehensive approach to termite control using direct treatments on areas with live termites or termite damage and termite bait stations to provide lasting relief from future infestations. Our termite control plans provide year-round protection from subterranean termites that is safe for use around homes and businesses but effective against termites. Call today to request your free quote.
What Do Termites Look Like In Burke?
Termites are a very small yet powerful pest that can completely decimate Burke homes if residents let them. There are several species that locals may come across, and while they share some similarities in characteristics, there are key ways to tell them apart. The subterranean termite is typically found around the foundation of your home. They are a creamy white color and have pronounced antennae. The dampwood termite is attracted to wood that has fallen victim to water damage or fungus. Soldiers tend to be a cream and brown color, while the swarmer is brown and has jagged wings. As the name would suggest, drywood termites seek out dry woods. The soldiers are quite large for termites and have a yellow to brown ombre coloring and large pincers. The swarmer is a reddish brown color and has shimmering white wings that are evenly structured. At Miche Pest Control, we provide termite control that targets all species of termites so that your home can remain intact. To learn more about how termite control can protect your property, contact us today.
Are Termites A Year-Round Problem In Burke?
Each year, termites are responsible for causing approximately five billion dollars in damage in the U.S., which includes problems like doors and windows that don’t shut, collapsing ceilings, and unstable foundations. In Burke, the termites are no different. The typical termite colony is active for 18 months before it’s noticed, which means that once you have termites in your property, they are busy working away. Termites are remarkable pests as they are able to eat through the wood in your home all day, every day. For homeowners with new termite problems, these may be more likely to take place once the temperatures outside start to warm, however, they truly are a year-round pest.
At Miche Pest Control, we work with homeowners to prevent and correct termite problems. Our termite control program consists of thorough inspections, Wood-Destroying Insect Reports, spot treating for both live termites and termite damage, and installing the Trelona® Advance® Termite Baiting System. Our technicians are experts in termite problems and all of our termite control services are guaranteed to fully restore your home and peace of mind. For more information on protecting your home from termites, contact us today.
Tips To Avoid Cockroach Infestations In Burke
Working to avoid a cockroach infestation in your Burke home is one of the most important things you can do to keep everyone in your home safe, as these problems can get out of control quickly. In order to keep cockroaches away, try these tips:
- Address moisture problems inside and outside the home. Cockroaches are drawn to damp areas, so check your gutters, downspouts, and roofs for leaks routinely and inside the home, tend to faucets, pipes, and other fixtures and remedy them as needed.
- Seal up your foundation. These pests can sneak through very small openings so fill gaps around doors and windows with weather stripping, apply caulk to holes in your foundation, and repair worn window screens.
- Check boxes. Another common way for cockroaches to gain access to your home is by going for a ride in packages. Open any shipped goods outside and inspect them thoroughly.
- Properly store food. Your food is one of the most enticing things to cockroaches so always keep it in airtight containers and dispose of anything that’s gone bad.
- Keep things clean and tidy. Things like clutter, dirty dishes, crumbs, spills, and overflowing trash are all enough to attract cockroaches and keep them around, so be sure to tidy up on a routine basis and maintain a hygienic living environment.
- Contact the pros. Once cockroach problems have developed in your home, they can be very difficult to control. Preventive measures with professional help from your local pest expert is always the way to go.
For cockroach control that will keep your home safe, contact Miche Pest Control today.
Keeping Termites Away From Your Burke Property
Termites can be one of the most damaging pests that Burke property owners may be troubled by in any given year. They cost homeowners approximately five billion dollars and when crops and buildings are added into the mix, that brings the total to around 30 billion dollars. To keep termites away from your property, try these tips:
- Store woodpiles at least 20 feet away from your property.
- Maintain at least 18 inches of distance between mulch and your foundation.
- Avoid wood to foundation contact.
- Address leaks both inside and outside of your property.
- Keep your yard free from leaf piles, tree branches, and other debris.
- Check your roof regularly for leaks.
- Seal up cracks in your foundation with caulk.
- Redirect any condensation from air conditioning units.
- Contact your local termite expert for preventive annual inspections.
At Miche Pest Control, we provide local property owners with reliable and safe termite control. We always start with a detailed inspection of your entire property to understand either the scope of your infestation or ways to prevent one from occurring. If you do have termites present, we may apply spot treatments for active termites and install the Trelona® Advance® Termite Baiting System, which works to simultaneously eradicate current problems and prevent new ones. For more information on how termite control can protect your property, contact us today.
Recent Blog Articles
September 20, 2022
Do you need help dealing with cockroaches in Washington, D.C.? Here is everything you need to know to combat these pests today.Read More
September 14, 2022
Mosquitoes are not complicated pests. Take time today to learn about these annoying insects and how to control them in Virginia.Read More