Top Rated Rat Control Services For Homes & Businesses In Burke, VA
Miche Pest Control is a top rated, family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides rat control services for homes and businesses in Burke, VA and the surrounding areas. Our expert technicians get rid of rat infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the rats from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today!
Comprehensive Rat Control For Burke, VA
No one wants to think about the potential for rats in your home or business, but the harsh reality is that Burke properties are vulnerable to these pests. Rats, especially Norway rats, are common pests in Maryland and Northern Virginia, and keeping them away from your property can take more than setting out a few traps. The professionals at Miche Pest Control have experience perfecting systematic rat control for Burke residents through a combination of traps, exclusion techniques, and tamper-resistant rat bait stations.
If you want to prevent rats on your Burke property or you have an existing population you need help removing, call the experts at Miche Pest Control. Our expert technicians know how to remove rats and ensure they don't return. We use EPA-registered products that are safe for use around homes and businesses but effective against the pests they target. Call today or connect with us online to request your free quote or schedule a service for your Burke property.
Why Rats In Your Burke Home Are Such A Problem
Pest problems are always unwelcome in Burke homes; however, rat infestations pose a different series of issues that can be very dangerous for individuals to encounter. To start, rats can find their way inside your home very easily. They gain access by climbing trees, using the sewer, or simply squeezing through a hole in your foundation. From there, they bring with them other pests like fleas, ticks, and mites, which can be very harmful to your health and the health of any pets that you have.
While they’re inside your home, rats will chew on anything they can find in order to keep their teeth from overgrowing. This may lead to damaged personal items, walls, and electrical wiring. And perhaps the biggest danger is the health risks, which spread through fecal matter, urine, and saliva. Some of the illnesses they spread are hantavirus, leptospirosis, and tularemia, as well as allergies and asthma attacks. To keep everyone in your home protected from rats, contact the pros at Miche Pest Control today for rat control that you can trust.
What Burke Property Owners Should Know About Rats
With rats being a potential problem for Burke property owners throughout the year, there are things about rats that everyone ought to know. Some of those are:
- Rats are skilled climbers, so they may easily take advantage of any overhanging tree limbs as a means to enter your home.
- They are very often hosts to parasites like mites, ticks, and fleas, so having a rat infestation very commonly leads to a secondary infestation of at least one other pest.
- Because rodents like rats have an almost near-constant need to chew in order to keep their front incisor teeth from overgrowing, they will chew on things like furniture, walls, molding, and even electrical wiring. In the worst cases, this leads to house fires and vulnerable walls.
- Rats are linked with the spread of health risks like salmonella, tularemia, rat-bite fever, and hantavirus, as well as allergies and asthma attacks, all through their urine, saliva, and fecal matter.
- Lastly, rats are nocturnal, live out of sight from humans, and reproduce so rapidly that homeowners could develop an infestation in a matter of months.
For the most trusted and effective rat control, turn to Miche Pest Control.
Tips To Avoid Cockroach Infestations In Burke
Working to avoid a cockroach infestation in your Burke home is one of the most important things you can do to keep everyone in your home safe, as these problems can get out of control quickly. In order to keep cockroaches away, try these tips:
- Address moisture problems inside and outside the home. Cockroaches are drawn to damp areas, so check your gutters, downspouts, and roofs for leaks routinely and inside the home, tend to faucets, pipes, and other fixtures and remedy them as needed.
- Seal up your foundation. These pests can sneak through very small openings so fill gaps around doors and windows with weather stripping, apply caulk to holes in your foundation, and repair worn window screens.
- Check boxes. Another common way for cockroaches to gain access to your home is by going for a ride in packages. Open any shipped goods outside and inspect them thoroughly.
- Properly store food. Your food is one of the most enticing things to cockroaches so always keep it in airtight containers and dispose of anything that’s gone bad.
- Keep things clean and tidy. Things like clutter, dirty dishes, crumbs, spills, and overflowing trash are all enough to attract cockroaches and keep them around, so be sure to tidy up on a routine basis and maintain a hygienic living environment.
- Contact the pros. Once cockroach problems have developed in your home, they can be very difficult to control. Preventive measures with professional help from your local pest expert is always the way to go.
For cockroach control that will keep your home safe, contact Miche Pest Control today.
The Trick To Keeping Rats Away From Your Burke Home
Rats are a sneaky pest and keeping them out of your Burke home may prove difficult. Because they’re such adept climbers, rats may easily scale your roof and overhanging trees to gain access to your home, and in other cases, they use the sewer system. That’s why the secret to keeping them out of your home is professional rat control from Miche Pest Control. We begin our process with a detailed inspection of your property in order to fully determine the scope of your rat problem and then create a treatment plan that is suited to your needs.
Our rat control involves further methods of sealing up entry points using exclusion and setting tamper-proof bait stations outside the home. The result of these techniques is getting rid of current rat infestations while also preventing future ones from developing. We recommend rat control be applied six times throughout the year, where we’ll also check the bait stations and assess the efficacy of what we’ve put into place. If any rat problems arise between these regularly scheduled visits, we’ll re-treat your property at no extra charge to you. For more information on rat control that you can trust, contact us today.
Recent Blog Articles
What should you know about the stink bugs in Maryland? Take some time today to research these pests and learn more about simple control methods.Read More
October 05, 2022
Do you know how to identify a black widow spider in Maryland? Learn today what this pest looks like and how to spot one indoors.Read More