Top Rated Mouse Control Services For Homes & Businesses In Burke, VA
Miche Pest Control is a top rated, family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides mouse control services for homes and businesses in Burke, VA and the surrounding areas. Our expert technicians get rid of mouse infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the mice from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today!
Comprehensive Mouse Control For Burke, VA
All of the woodlands and gardens surrounding Burke make a fantastic environment for residents but also a coveted area for pests like mice and voles. While mice often thrive outdoors, many are drawn to area homes and businesses that offer easy access to food, water, and shelter. If you want to avoid having mice in your home, the team at Miche Pest Control can help.
At Miche Pest Control, we provide mouse control services for several different mice that commonly invade homes and businesses in Maryland and Northern Virginia. Because mice are so adept in living both indoors and out, we utilize traps for any mice that have made it inside your home and tamper-resistant bait stations to address outdoor populations. When you work with the professionals at Miche Pest Control, you'll also receive exclusion services to keep new mice from moving inside. Our comprehensive approach is the key to preventing and eliminating mouse infestations in Burke.
Why Is It So Hard To Get These Mice Out Of My Burke Home?
Mice are one of those pests that invade Burke homes and are very difficult to get rid of once they’ve moved in. To start, mice are nocturnal, which means that they are primarily active at night, which makes spotting them all the more difficult. Mice also tend to live out of sight of humans, in places like basements, attics, and crawl spaces, so identifying them and being able to get them out of your house is made even more challenging. Then there’s the matter of how quickly mice reproduce, which can be up to every month and lead to 120 pups per year. But perhaps the reason why mice are so difficult to get rid of is that they get everything they need from humans on a continual basis. Whether it’s scraps of food from the trash or the warmth that your walls provide, your Burke home is ideal for mice. At Miche Pest Control, we provide mouse control that breaks the cycle of mouse problems, with methods like tamper-resistant bait stations and exclusion. We service your home on a bi-monthly schedule but if any mice appear between visits, we'll re-treat your home on us. For more information on mouse control, contact us today.
Identifying Mouse Infestations In Burke
Mice are nocturnal animals, so you may not see an actual mouse in your Burke home or business. They do, however, leave behind signs that they've settled in. Here are some of the signs that may indicate that you have a mouse problem:
- Piles of small pellet-like droppings
- Gnaw marks on cereal boxes
- Chewed electrical wiring
- A sweet and foul odor
- Smudge marks and footprints
- Nests made from items like shredded fabric, leaves, newspaper clippings, etc.
- Scratching sounds
- Mice sightings
If you experience any of these signs, you may have a mouse infestation, and the best thing you can do in this instance is to contact Miche Pest Control. Our mouse control programs are developed to work instantly while also preventing issues in the future. We combine entry point inspections with exclusionary methods and tamper-proof bait stations that we install and check on every two months. If any mice appear between your regularly scheduled services, we’ll re-service your property on us. When it comes to mouse problems, don’t take chances. Contact Miche Pest Control today for mouse control that you can trust.
Tips To Avoid Cockroach Infestations In Burke
Working to avoid a cockroach infestation in your Burke home is one of the most important things you can do to keep everyone in your home safe, as these problems can get out of control quickly. In order to keep cockroaches away, try these tips:
- Address moisture problems inside and outside the home. Cockroaches are drawn to damp areas, so check your gutters, downspouts, and roofs for leaks routinely and inside the home, tend to faucets, pipes, and other fixtures and remedy them as needed.
- Seal up your foundation. These pests can sneak through very small openings so fill gaps around doors and windows with weather stripping, apply caulk to holes in your foundation, and repair worn window screens.
- Check boxes. Another common way for cockroaches to gain access to your home is by going for a ride in packages. Open any shipped goods outside and inspect them thoroughly.
- Properly store food. Your food is one of the most enticing things to cockroaches so always keep it in airtight containers and dispose of anything that’s gone bad.
- Keep things clean and tidy. Things like clutter, dirty dishes, crumbs, spills, and overflowing trash are all enough to attract cockroaches and keep them around, so be sure to tidy up on a routine basis and maintain a hygienic living environment.
- Contact the pros. Once cockroach problems have developed in your home, they can be very difficult to control. Preventive measures with professional help from your local pest expert is always the way to go.
For cockroach control that will keep your home safe, contact Miche Pest Control today.
Burke Homeowners' Guide To Effective Mouse Control
Keeping mice out of your Burke home is important to protect your health and keep your property intact. In order to keep them from infesting your walls, try these tips:
- Secure your foundation. Mice are capable of fitting through an opening that’s the size of your pinky, so it’s important to tend to the cracks and crevices in your foundation with materials like sheet metal, steel wool, expanding foam, and wire mesh.
- Store food properly. One thing that mice desire the most is your food, so always store food and pantry items in locking containers.
- Tend to cleanliness. Keeping your home clean is one of the best ways to make your home unattractive to mice. Store garbage in a bin with a lid, take out the trash regularly, remove all clutter, and clean up after crumbs thoroughly.
- Address issues with moisture. Mice also require water, so if you spot a leaky pipe, faucet, or fixtures, fix them. Also aim to keep your basement and attic well-ventilated.
- Contact the pros. The most effective way to protect your home and everyone in it is with mouse control from your local pest pro.
For the safest and most effective mouse control around, contact Miche Pest Control today.
Recent Blog Articles
What should you know about the stink bugs in Maryland? Take some time today to research these pests and learn more about simple control methods.Read More
October 05, 2022
Do you know how to identify a black widow spider in Maryland? Learn today what this pest looks like and how to spot one indoors.Read More