How Dangerous Are Cockroaches In Burke?
The cockroaches that you're likely to encounter in Burke are very dangerous. Due to their saliva, shed body parts, and fecal matter, cockroaches are linked with the spread of salmonella, streptococcus, staphylococcus, typhoid fever, cholera, and dysentery. These byproducts are also known to irritate allergies as well as instigate asthma attacks. People who live in homes that are infested with cockroaches have also reported an increase in stress and anxiety because of the negative connotations that come with living in an infested home. Cockroaches can additionally prove dangerous because they are so difficult to get rid of. The most common species, the German cockroach, is developing a tolerance to many pesticides, making them harder to eradicate in general.
For the highest quality of cockroach control, contact Miche Pest Control today.
Commercial Cockroach Control Methods For Burke Businesses
When it comes to keeping your Burke business free from cockroaches and the health risks they cause, there are several proactive steps that you can take. Some of those are:
- Consider how food is stored. If you run a restaurant, do you keep all of your food in secure compartments? Or does food sit out on counters for extended periods of time? If you run an office space, do your employees keep snacks at their desks? If so, how are they storing said items? No matter the industry, all food-related items should be stored in airtight containers and disposed of properly.
- Aim for cleanliness. Another key way that cockroaches get attracted inside businesses is because of a lack of cleanliness. All crumbs and spills should be cleaned thoroughly and trash should be stored with a lid and taken out regularly.
- Deal with moisture issues. If you notice a leaky pipe, faucet, toilet, or other fixture, remedy it completely.
- Contact the pros. Because cockroaches can be so detrimental in a working environment, preventing them or correcting their issues completely is imperative. The most effective way to achieve this goal is with help from your local pest control pro.
For the most reliable cockroach control, contact Miche Pest Control today.
Tips To Avoid Cockroach Infestations In Burke
Working to avoid a cockroach infestation in your Burke home is one of the most important things you can do to keep everyone in your home safe, as these problems can get out of control quickly. In order to keep cockroaches away, try these tips:
- Address moisture problems inside and outside the home. Cockroaches are drawn to damp areas, so check your gutters, downspouts, and roofs for leaks routinely and inside the home, tend to faucets, pipes, and other fixtures and remedy them as needed.
- Seal up your foundation. These pests can sneak through very small openings so fill gaps around doors and windows with weather stripping, apply caulk to holes in your foundation, and repair worn window screens.
- Check boxes. Another common way for cockroaches to gain access to your home is by going for a ride in packages. Open any shipped goods outside and inspect them thoroughly.
- Properly store food. Your food is one of the most enticing things to cockroaches so always keep it in airtight containers and dispose of anything that’s gone bad.
- Keep things clean and tidy. Things like clutter, dirty dishes, crumbs, spills, and overflowing trash are all enough to attract cockroaches and keep them around, so be sure to tidy up on a routine basis and maintain a hygienic living environment.
- Contact the pros. Once cockroach problems have developed in your home, they can be very difficult to control. Preventive measures with professional help from your local pest expert is always the way to go.
For cockroach control that will keep your home safe, contact Miche Pest Control today.
Why Call A Professional Immediately For Cockroach Problems In Burke
Whether you find your Burke property infested with German cockroaches, brown-banded cockroaches, or any other species, the first thing you should do is contact the pros at Miche Pest Control for cockroach control. Our expert technicians always begin with a detailed inspection of your property in order to determine the full extent of the problem that you’re facing. Once we’ve gathered all of the necessary information and discussed your options for treatment, we get to work.
Cockroaches are a very dangerous pest and a persistent problem once an infestation has developed, which means that you must take them seriously from the start. Through their fecal matter, saliva, and shed body parts that come as a part of the molting process, cockroaches are credited with the spread of salmonella, E. coli, streptococcus, as well as allergic reactions and asthma attacks. Additionally, because of their rapid reproductive schedule and growing resistance to over-the-counter applications, cockroach problems tend to be very unwieldy. That’s why we use methods like gel baits, residual liquid treatments, and sticky traps in order to completely eradicate cockroaches and keep them from coming back. At Miche Pest Control, we’ll also work with homeowners on best practices for cleanliness and preventing cockroach problems in the future. To learn more about cockroach control that you can trust, contact us today.
Burke is an unincorporated section of Fairfax County, Virginia, traditionally defined as the area served by the Burke post office (Zip Code 22015). Burke includes two census-designated places: the Burke CDP, and the Burke Centre CDP.
Burke is named after Silas Burke, a 19th-century farmer, merchant, and local politician who built a house on a hill overlooking the valley of Pohick Creek in approximately 1824. The house still stands. When the Orange and Alexandria Railroad was constructed in the late 1840s, the railroad station at the base of that hill was named "Burke's Station" after Burke, who owned the land in the area and donated a right-of-way to the railroad company. The community that grew up around the railroad station acquired a post office branch in 1852. The railroad tracks located on the same historical line are owned by the Norfolk Southern Railway and form part of the Manassas line of the Virginia Railway Express commuter rail system, which has two stations (Rolling Road and Burke Centre) in the Burke area. The original Burke Station building can still be seen in the community, turned 90 degrees from its historical footprint.
Burke is located south of the center of Fairfax County. The Burke CDP is bordered by the CDPs of Burke Centre to the west, Kings Park West to the northwest, Long Branch and Wakefield to the north, Kings Park to the northeast, West Springfield to the east, Newington Forest to the south, and South Run to the southwest. Burke Lake Park, which borders the Burke CDP to the southwest and is not part of any CDP, is a large recreational park operated by the Fairfax County Park Authority, featuring a golf course and woodland surrounding Burke Lake.
Burke Centre is a 1,700-acre planned community that was formerly part of the Burke CDP but is now a separate census-designated area. It is located west of Burke and is divided into five subcommunities: The Commons, The Landings, The Oaks, The Ponds and The Woods. Other notable communities in the Burke area include Rolling Valley West, Burke Village I & II, Lakepointe, Longwood Knolls, Burke Lake Meadows, Edgewater, Lake Braddock, Signal Hill, Crownleigh, and Cherry Run along with Burke Station Square.
Fairfax VA (4 miles), Springfield VA (5 miles), Falls Church VA (8 miles), Woodbridge VA (9 miles), Arlington VA (11 miles), Manassas VA (11 miles), Alexandria VA (12 miles), Herndon VA (14 miles), Washington DC (15 miles), Bethesda MD (16 miles), Silver Spring MD (19 miles), Ashburn VA (21 miles), Hyattsville MD (21 miles), Rockville MD (21 miles), Gaithersburg MD (24 miles), Leesburg VA (27 miles), Upper Marlboro MD (28 miles), Bowie MD (30 miles), Laurel MD (31 miles), Fredericksburg VA (35 miles), Columbia MD (36 miles), Ellicott City MD (41 miles), Annapolis MD (44 miles), Frederick MD (44 miles), Baltimore MD (49 miles)
Recent Blog Articles
April 15, 2022
The gigantic and flashy-looking Joro spider is the last thing you want to see around your home or business. However, they may not be as dangerous as they l...Read More
February 21, 2022
Green Pest Services, a sister company of Pointe Pest Control in Illinois, sells to PestCo Holdings, a Thompson Street Capital Partners company.Read More