Top Rated Tick Control Services For Homes & Businesses In Annandale VA
Miche Pest Control is a top rated, family owned and operated, full service pest control company that provides tick control services for homes and businesses in Annandale VA and the surrounding areas. Our expert technicians get rid of tick infestations fast, and work preventatively to keep the ticks from coming back after they've been eliminated. Miche Pest Control has a 4.9 star rating and over 1,000 reviews online - call today!
Comprehensive Tick Control For Annandale, VA
There are a lot of avid gardeners in Annandale, and, unfortunately for anyone who likes to spend time outside, there are also a lot of ticks. Ticks in Virginia can spread a variety of dangerous diseases, but the professionals at Miche Pest Control can help you control ticks on your property with comprehensive tick treatments.
At Miche Pest Control, we use high-quality products that are safe for use around homes and businesses yet potent enough to quickly eliminate ticks. We also use products that help discourage future generations of these parasitic pests. With our monthly tick control plan, you'll have the added benefit of coverage for fleas and mosquitoes as well. Reach out to us online if you're interested in a free quote, and you can read more about our pest free guarantee!
How Dangerous Are The Ticks In Annandale?
Ticks are parasitic hitchhikers, which means that they can cause a lot of trouble very easily. They latch onto hosts like rodents, wildlife, your cats and dogs, and even you, and go for a free ride right onto your property. Many times this happens completely unbeknownst to you, which makes them even riskier. Besides all of the many ways that ticks get transported to Annandale properties, the most clear-cut dangers that ticks are capable of are the health risks. While most tick bites will end up being completely harmless, these pests are notorious for the pathogens that they are capable of carrying. Ticks are commonly linked with the spread of Rocky Mountain spotted fever, Lyme disease, and anaplasmosis, to name a few. The time to be most concerned about a tick bite is if you experience any of the following symptoms: a stiff neck or back, fever, nausea, headache, lack of energy, and joint swelling. If you’ve been bitten by a tick and note any of those symptoms, consider speaking with a healthcare professional.
At Miche Pest Control, we look to provide tick control for homeowners and businesses during their peak season. Our pest control methods combine yard fogging and larvicide applications a total of nine times in order to completely break the life cycle and keep ticks off of your property. To learn more about our tick control program, contact us today.
Identifying Ticks In Annandale
Ticks are generally a very small and fast-moving pest, able to scale your dog’s fur or your personal belongings without even being noticed. Here are three of the most common ticks in Annandale and how to identify them:
- Blacklegged tick. Otherwise known as the deer tick, this species is small, dark or reddish-brown, and oval-shaped. They are commonly associated with the spread of Lyme disease.
- American dog tick. Slightly larger than the deer tick, the American dog tick is light brown in color and has four thin legs.
- Lonestar tick. The largest of the three species, this tick is shaped like an apple seed and is dark brown with white markings on its back.
Though not all ticks are dangerous, they are an unwanted parasite nonetheless. At Miche Pest Control, we work with local property owners to provide reliable tick control during the season. With our methods of yard fogging and larvicide treatments, our tick control provides both immediate and lasting relief from ticks and works rain or shine. To learn more about these offerings, contact us today.
Ticks & Lyme Disease: What Everyone In Annandale Ought To Know
When many Annandale residents hear the word "tick," the first thing they think about is Lyme disease, and with fair reason. To start, it’s important to know that Lyme disease is primarily caused by the bacteria, Borrelia burgdorferi. This is something that ticks are known to carry, but not all ticks. While the exact numbers aren’t known, anywhere up to 50% of ticks in the United States are presumed carriers of this bacteria. It’s also important to note that the amount of time a tick is attached to you and the species are both factors in whether or not you can contract Lyme disease. Though many ticks may latch and bite, only the blacklegged ticks in Annandale are the ones that are commonly infected. These ticks are capable of transmitting Lyme disease within the first 24 hours of being attached, which is why it’s so crucial to spot them early and remove them in their entirety. If you’ve been bitten by any tick, monitor yourself for signs of fever, nausea, headaches, muscle pain, and joint swelling and seek professional medical assistance. In order to further protect yourself from ticks on your property, contact Miche Pest Control for seasonal tick control in Annandale that is safe and reliable.
Answering Annandale's Most Commonly Asked Tick Questions
With ticks being as prevalent as they are in Annandale, many residents have questions about these pests and what they need to be aware of. Here are some answers to the most commonly asked questions about ticks in the area:
- What do ticks look like? The specifics of their identity will vary depending on the species and life cycle stage; however, most adult ticks resemble an apple seed with legs, while young ticks can look like a speck of dirt.
- Where would I encounter them? Ticks are very common in wooded areas, amidst tall grass, or even in parks.
- Are ticks dangerous to my health? While not all ticks are carriers for various bacteria, they are often linked with the spread of Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain spotted fever, to name a few.
- How can I avoid them? While spending time outside it’s best to wear long sleeves and long pants, both in light colors. Consider applying an EPA-approved product like DEET and before returning home, always perform a thorough tick check.
- Is there anything I can do to protect myself from ticks at home? Seasonal tick control from your local pest expert is one of the best ways to limit your exposure to ticks altogether.
For reliable tick control, contact Miche Pest Control today.
Recent Blog Articles
October 01, 2022
Are the rats in Maryland looking to invade your home? Find out why these pests invade today and what methods do not work to get them out.Read More
September 30, 2022
Do you know how to control carpenter bees in Washington, D.C.? We do! Learn today what it takes to give these dangerous pests the boot.Read More